Haunt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol: You may end up having to make a pumpkin. Michael's crafts had some really large pale pumpkins last year but they are complete styrofoam on the inside. I was going to carve one for my front door and when I sawed it into two pieces, it was completely styrofoam. I suppose it could be done, but you would have to reinforce the outside of the pumpkin before you dig out all the foam innards. :jol:

·
8,670 Posts
:jol: Dan here are some pictures of the pumpkin from Michaels. It looks like a fairy tale pumpkin, and the size is probably right, but I will show you a cut away of the inside.

For size comparison, this is the Michaels pumpkin and a Funkin sitting on top.

This is one of the pumpkins cut in two. I was trying to make a pumpkin for my front door that would sit flush against the door, but still light up. I haven't given up, I just need to get the outside of the pumpkin reinforced so that I can dig all the styrofoam out.

·
8,670 Posts
:jol: I want to say it was $60.00 (but nearly half off with the 40% coupon). I bought one for at about $36.00 and then I picked up three more after Halloween at the sales. It was pretty costly, but I was going to make 4 pumpkin head ghosts to stand on the roof of my house. Michaels puts them out when the Halloween stuff comes out and you can get the 40% off coupons in paper, or sometimes Michaels actually gives them to you. I still want to do the pumpkin head ghosts....but I have to figure out how to make the heads glow....:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I know I saw a post from someone where they made their own fairytale pumpkins. If I remember which post I saw that in I will post the link for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts