Haunt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wes Craven will produce a remake of his own classic flick, Last House on the Left.:( :(

ENOUGH WITH THE FRIGGIN' REMAKES!!!

GET A NEW IDEA FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
That is why I want a turn up at bat...the word remake is not in my vocabulary...

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, DAMN. The Sin-man, bringing in the high heat, toward Wes Craven!:p

But, yeah, you're right.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,767 Posts
Just when I thought we were done our bouts with remakes - Wes, come on, stop the insanity.

If it's because their not smoking dope anymore, please someone buy'em some. Let's get those creative juices flowing again - and - don't forget the munchies!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I wouldn't mind to see a remake of this. Might not be such a bad idea. I'm glad they are remaking so many films these days, I haven't really seen one I didn't like yet.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I wouldn't mind to see a remake of this. Might not be such a bad idea. I'm glad they are remaking so many films these days, I haven't really seen one I didn't like yet.
I think I speak for everyone when I say that you are going to find yourself in a very small minority where it comes to remakes on this board...Hell, on ANY board for that matter. But don't worry, dude, we still like ya! :D

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,767 Posts
IMO I think the only remake I actually like was The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I thought they did a better job as far as not having the girl friggin screaming through the whole movie. Man, that got on my nerves even as a kid.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
You didn't like Dawn of the Dead (2004) or perhaps the greatest remake of all-time John Carpenter's The Thing, DW?

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,767 Posts
Yes, I do think they were good remakes. I was just pointing out about TCM because of it being such a classic and putting Leatherface in the horror hall of fame category along with Jason, Freddy and Pinhead and a few others, I was surprised that they could actually pull it off by doing a remake on this film. It's unsual for me not to like the original but on the 1974 TCM movie, I was pleasantly surprised that the remake was good.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I really liked the TCM remake, and the Dawn of the Dead remake. I wouldn't mind seeing this as a remake, but I'm sure there are other movies out there that could make a better remake than this.

·
Banned
49 Posts
I had no yet heard of this. This is the sort of thing that just makes me furious inside. I mean- how the hell are they going to remake this film? It only works because of it's ultra-delicate balance of psychology with shock. There's no one who will be able to handle the material like Craven did back then. In fact, some guy just made this movie called The Girl Next Door about neighborhood kids who raped and tortured a girl in a basement to death. And Roger Ebert wrote about some movie he reviewed just a year ago that copied Last House on the Left and expected people to receive it the same way. What are these people, crazy? Do they think just the name Wes Craven's going to sell the movie? Who's going to want to go see it? They're going to have such a hard time getting audiences into the theaters for this, it should be unprecidented.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts