Haunt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions. Unlike my other posts, I will try to be brief...
1) Can I attach a plastic corrugated hose (like the backwash on a swimming pool) to my fog machine to 'direct' fog to a particular point or through a prop?

2) I am making cannons from 8 inch concrete forms. I'm having a hard time 'reducing' the size towards the end. I might employ the use of some paper mache. Is there some sort of shallac or something I can use to, at least somewhat, wheather proof 'em?

3) Anyone try to rig any lighting in props with lightbulbs and lantern batteries? I am electronically challenged.

Help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, you can use a hose to direct fog but watch the end of the fogger and the plastic hose. It will melt it. You will also lose some of the effectiveness of the fog machine due to the fog not being abe to expand and the friction from the pipe.
Water based polyurethane sould offer some protection. I use that on monster mud projets.
I dont mess with batteries, the generally dont last very long and they are a it pricey.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I hear several members use dryer duct or abs/pvc

Are you talking reducing the inside or outside. If inside you could use a piece of plywood as an insert, not sure what you are trying to do. As for weather proofing, what about using a jug of elmers glue and thinning with water and brush/role it on. When it dries it should form a solid barrier. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong on this line of thinking

I use some Christmas lights in some of my plastic skulls with the red C5 lights to make them glow. I also just wired up two flicker 3W bulbs for my mausoleum using an extension cord. Just cut off one end, combine the positive side of the sockets and then the negative sides (this runs them in parallel, not series). Hope this helps a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts