Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After much procrastination, I've finally gotten around to uploading pics of my 2nd (& final) stone for this year. I've HAD to set a "2 new tombstone per year" limit, or all I'll have is a bunch of new tombstones for this year. These things are addictive... This stone is based on two stones from cemeteries in New England (design from one stone & inscription from another).

I broke out the Dremel & router attachment for this one, and I LOVE THEM! I highly recommend them if you have access.

Anyway, here's a pic, and any constructive criticism is most welcome! If the thumbnail is dinky or missing, here's a link to my album on Halloweengallery: http://www.halloweengallery.com/thumbnails.php?album=430 There are other pics of the stone in there, too.

Edited to hopefully fix broken photo link!

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
nice dremel work there ..yes dremels are very nice to have .. and the router attachment is great.

·
Registered
152 Posts
oh.my.god.

I'm glad you people don't live near me! The neighbors think I have talent! :eek:

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Arrrgh the links are dead, lol. I can only imagine these though, I've seen Gothikim's work before and I know it to be awesome.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
D'oh! The pics have indeed crapped out, but the link to my Halloweengallery folder is still good, & as of this moment, those pics are fine. I'll re-check the pic-posting code & see if that's the problem somehow.

Ah, technology!

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
WoW Gothikim! Awesome Job! LOVE the detail! :> You have a vonderful eye for detail!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BobC said:
Very nice work I would like to see a how to for these. :jol:
Hmmm. I did take some pics along the way. Not ever teensy little step, but enough to get the main process across. I'll try to get them posted on my blog @ BlogCrypt over the next week, ten days. When I'm done, I'll bump this thread :)

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Seriously, you have great talent. All i could say was wow. Im glad you dont live close by me...LOL. My little tombstones pale greatly incomparison. Just an amazing job. WOW

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the comments, guys! I actually got on my Blogcrypt and posted photos of the process with descriptions of the steps.

It ain't pretty, and it ain't a wonderful teaching tool, but if anyone wants to have a peek, here's the link: http://www.blogcrypt.com/gothikim

69 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Gothikim said:
Thanks for all the comments, guys! I actually got on my Blogcrypt and posted photos of the process with descriptions of the steps.

It ain't pretty, and it ain't a wonderful teaching tool, but if anyone wants to have a peek, here's the link: http://www.blogcrypt.com/gothikim

69 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excellent project description Gothikim!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts