Haunt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across a 3.5 hp electric mower engine....any prop ideas? I was thinking about a monster in a box....would the box survive the beating?:eek:

·
Banned
764 Posts
i have a suggestion don't use a lawnmower motor seriously. first it takes gas and oil to run. Sounds like a fire hazard(sp that spelling looks wrong hmmm) to me. Plus exhaust fumes and the noise it will make.

oooops i didnt see electric im sorry im a idiot...... i saw after i posted im sorry .......came back and edited

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
i have a suggestion don't use a lawnmower motor seriously. first it takes gas and oil to run. Sounds like a fire hazard(sp that spelling looks wrong hmmm) to me. Plus exhaust fumes and the noise it will make.

oooops i didnt see eletric im sorry im a idiot...... i saw after i posted im sorry
You know, Krypt, I almost made that mistake myself! As for an idea, maybe an airless slinger or popup? I'm not really sure. Let me think about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The idea of any of my props being powered by a 3 1/2 horse lawn mower motor has me laughing out loud. I envision pieces of my prop scattered all over the neighborhood.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Look the label on the motor.. what rpm does it run at? You would need to gear it down.. to a usable speed. What amperage does it draw? Can't go to the store and buy an electronic speed reducer for something that darws that much power.. I am assuming it is at least a 10amp motor Well maybe you could... but it might be easier to just build a lawnmower with it!
All joking aside, I wouldn't consider using for an amature haunt.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will have to get back to you on the info...its at some else’s garage. Its 110….
It already has a fan on it, in the form of a blade. But, that will be removed. How about a crank ghost on speed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Gear it down and make a rotating stage with diffrent props on each section. You could make it like a twisted version of a passion play..... now this has got me thinking......

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a good idea (stage).......
How about making it spin like a old time movie box and have a transformation take place. Like a cartoon flipbook ....
Sounds like a lot of work.....D'OH!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts