Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, last week I started a thread for your favorite Halloween treats. Now it's time to slam all the treats you don't like. You know, the stuff you begrudgingly "thanked" people for even though you hated it.

• Necco Wafers: Why don't you just give me a bag of chalk. That's all this is anyway.
  • Good 'N Plenty: Hmm... they're almost like Mike 'N Ikes but gross. Almost like jelly beans but gross. So, I guess if you take 1 part Mike 'N Ike, 1 part jelly bean and two parts GROSS, you get Good 'N Plenty.
  • Mary Janes: These are the filling pullers in the yellow wrapper with the red stripe. Good luck chewing them, if you can tolerate the flavor long enough to chew them.
  • Sugar Daddies: Another dumb idea. Essentially, it's caramel on a stick. Caramel is good in candy bars, but by itself? Who wants to suck on a piece of caramel for two hours? Not me. Another filling puller because you get too impatient to finish it you wind up chewing on it.
  • Religious Tracts: Yay. Religion in my candy bag. I never received one of these, but I can't imagine anyone trick or treating would enjoy one. I'm willing to bet not once has a religious tract "converted" someone into a Halloween hater.

I'm sure I'll add to my list as I'm reminded of more.

Ok, what are your least favorites?

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just thought of some more of my most-despised Halloween offerings. These were from my old "Beyond the Grave" rant from October of 2003:

• Coupons: If you're thinking those BK coupons for a free small fry are a good idea, think again. Kids don't want to have to do more work to collect thier goody, so you'll be feeling some pain for this one. You'll probably going to see some toilet paper gently swaying in the breeze as it dangles in large quantities from the trees in your yard.
  • Healthy Treats:If you think that frigging rice cake or popcorn thing-a-majig is a great, healthy idea for a kid's treat, you're half right. It is healthy, but it's not great and the kids won't eat it. They will also feel the need to strike back by putting a flaming bag of ca ca on your doorstep, ringing the bell, and running to watch the hilarity from a distance. Now you have poo on your shoe. :sick:
  • Nothing: Turning your light off and ignoring knocks at your door will be met with some punishment, most likely eggs thrown at your house. You'll love the smell in the morning, and will wish you'd bought that lousy $5 bag of candy.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Dude, I think you pretty much pegged it, especially with the chalk and those goddamn Mary Janes! :sick: I even get sick when I see those orange and black wrappered candy on the store shelves. When are they going to ever learn that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE eats that ****?

Other stuff I can't stand are Baby Ruth's, well, pretty much anything with peanuts in it with the exception of Snickers. I can do without the Dum-Dum's or the el cheapo suckers, but they will do in a pinch when you have nothing else and have to have something with sugar in it.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eww. Charleston Chews. Those things are nasty.

Come on Sinister, I want you to rant on and on about Candy Corn. You know you want to. :devil:

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Zombie-F said:
Come on Sinister, I want you to rant on and on about Candy Corn. You know you want to. :devil:
Why on earth would I do that for; I love those things and I especially love the pumpkin shaped ones. :jol: :p

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, it was either Joyfuldead or Lady Peg. I know it had to be one of them, because it sure wasn't me.

If you like, I can go off on a Mary Jane rant. Just say the word and turn me loose! :D

·
Banned
376 Posts
Anything watermelon-flavored.

Good n Plenty: Those are the most sickly and medicine-like of all candy. You know how bad they are? They invented Mike & Ike to make up for all the people they poisoned with GnP. Yuck!

Three Muskateers: I can't imagine this 'hits the spot' for anyone. Less of all, me.

The Skittles that came in this colored bag, I think they were called Tropical Skittles, most of them were green and orange. All the flavors were my least favorite: melon, apricot, peach. Something like that, anyway, I think they even stopped making them that's how bad they were.

I also would get disappointed if there was a Twix in my bag. I will eat it but it's not really a favorite of mine.

Goobers
Milky Way
Necco Wafers
Peppermint patties
Sour Drops (round, jellied candies covered in sour granules)
Sugar Daddies

You really did nail it, Zombie-F. Sugar daddies is kind of like butterscotch in that it's pure caramel for people who always said, "if only they made an all-caramel candy". Getting those in your bag is disappointing. Personally, I prefer butterscotch. I actually almost like Mary Jane's. Someone else always buys them and then I take one and then I actually come back for another. It's a good thinking candy, I like to suck on it when I'm studying.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I used to get these nasty coconut covered things in my toting days. I don't remember what they were called but they were square, had three stripes...brown, white and pink (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry?) It had to be the worst tasting candy I ever put in my mouth. Mary Janes and candy corn are delicious in comparison. :sick:

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I don't know what they're called, but I know what you're talking about. This stuff is put out by Brach's and is very much akin to chewing on a tire. The taste isn't really worth writing home about and definitely isn't worth the effort, sore jaws or headache that derives from its consumption. :zombie:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Sinister said:
I don't know what they're called, but I know what you're talking about. This stuff is put out by Brach's and is very much akin to chewing on a tire. The taste isn't really worth writing home about and definitely isn't worth the effort, sore jaws or headache that derives from its consumption. :zombie:
I think the tire would taste better! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Blackwidow ... Neopolitan Coconut. I hate those things too! About as much as those Jube Chews. You know the white ones with rubbery colored squares in them. Yuck!

·
Registered
458 Posts
That's it BlackDawn! It's funny, I almost said that it reminded me of neopolitan ice cream. I remember those white cube things too...gag! Who was in charge of making candy back in those days? I think they should be charged with child abuse, LOL!

·
Banned
376 Posts
Non Compos Mentis said:
Fire Balls
Oh damn, I'd rather eat all those candies I said I didn't like at once than have one fireball. I hate those things! Giving that as a candy should be outlawed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You guys are killing me...LOL

OKay, some of the things everyone listed REALLY are just a puke fest waiting to happen. Others must be an aquired taste (I like the coconut things AND Necco Wafers, Thank you Very much)

But...nobody mentioned the worst of all........ BAZOOKA bubblegum. Jaw breakers are nothing compared to this. If I had to fix a leak in my gas tank, I think I would scrape the ABC (already been chewed) gum off the bottom of a truck stop counter before putting Bazooka in my mouth. lol That "gum" has the worst taste ever and you have to hold it in your mouth, swimming in spit for an hour to make it soft enought to even begin chewing on.

·
Banned
376 Posts
I've always found Juicy Fruit gum to be pretty foul myself.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Gum as a whole isn't that great to begin with. I mean really, how the hell did they come up with this stuff? Was someone out a rubber plantation one day, decided while no one was looking to put sugar from the cane they were growing on it to see if the two flavors complimented each other? You tell me. The worse thing about gum is that most of the people who chew it, smack it loudly and talk with this pink glob bouncing about in their mouth so you can see it. No wonder people who are trying to stop smoking cringe at the thought of having this as a substitute for coffin nails. :sick:

·
Banned
376 Posts
On the whole, gum is probably my favorite candy of all time.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts