Haunt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
773 Posts
On an auction site, that will remain nameless to avoid the ire of the powers that be, there is a Malibu 12 volt 150 watt transformer. How many 3mm led's can be run on this?

· Registered
773 Posts
I sure wish I could get to the make and take. WV is just too far away. Thanks for the fantastic information and references.

· Registered
773 Posts
42 kHz
AWG gauge
Conductor
Diameter Inches

Conductor
Diameter mm

Ohms per 1000 ft.
Ohms per km
Maximum amps for chassis wiring
Maximum amps for
power transmission

Maximum frequency for
100% skin depth for solid conductor copper

( when I laid this out it was in a nice graph, oh well)
As far as I can tell the most economical wire to use is security system wire. 22/2 very cheap by the spool.

· Registered
773 Posts
I am still looking for a power supplyl. It is obvious that the computer power supply is best but I want something that I can get. I do not have access to old power supplies. I Have found 12v 6amp converter for LCD monitors. They are only $17.00 including
shipping. They do have the little plug on the end. I wonder how I could get a female and make a distribution box for the landscape central delivery wire. I could then tap into the "trunk Line" with security wire (22/2) to the led spots. The power supplies look like the ones for laptop computers. I use cookie tins as a heat sink for my power supply when I use my lap top. I just set it on top and it difuses the heat very well.

· Registered
773 Posts
Why doesn't anyone use the larger high output LED's.
I know DC cannot go great distances. Is this an issue for us using 100 feet of trunk line?
I am sure this is why the low voltage landscaping lights use AC.

· Registered
773 Posts
Makes sense. If .24 cents will do it, why go with the more expensive. BTW last night I went to Lowes and compared prices useing the CPVC fittings, as used in the original article, compared to using the PVC with two bottle caps. The CPVC fittings were tiny and quickly reached $1.00 each. The pvc/bottle cap method makes a lot of sense. Thanks for shareing your inspiration.

Where did you get LED's with R for $.08 each. I can assume it was a group buy, but still sounds fantastic.

· Registered
773 Posts
I think the pink looks more orchid and will look great for a graveyard. I think Green, blue and pink will give the best look. What do you think? The purple looks too dim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.