Haunt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4,536 Posts
I like this way of being able to mount it to different objects. Looks neat and compact. How many total lights are you going to have working on the computer power supply. Also how far in between are you going to distance the three set of lights from the other set? I was curious because I want to set up my lights before the next make and take so I can be shown how to hook it up to the computer power supply.

·
BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4,536 Posts
I like the mount you have for the light, but I would have 1 to 3 lights on each mount. I figure I wouldn't need 3 lights per mount because I will be spacing out my props. I also would only be using the lights for Halloween so would I be able to get away with the 22 gauge since I already bought that? I wasn't sure if you were the one that said they were going to make the lights yearly for landscaping, but I would really love to see pictures of your setup when your done. Anyway very nice setup and thanks for answering my questions. The electrical part of Halloween I'm still clueless, but I really want to learn as much as I can. I told Joe I'm going to purchase a book from Radio Shack called: Getting Started in Electronics. I'm hoping that will teach me the basics so I will be able to hook up these motors and lights to power sources by myself.

·
BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4,536 Posts
This is the beauty of "Low voltage" wiring. First it's DC and not AC. It's WAY safer than household current. The exposed wires and nails will be "Hot glued" on the top in the final version for a little protection and insulation. You can also add di-electric grease and/or electrical tape to add further protection. I assume no Liability for what is shown, however, I've installed 12V landscape lighting for many years and it has proven to be very safe. I think that as long as you keep the connections out of standing water and away from Metal, you'll be fine. If anyone want's to chime in about any possible safety issues please feel free to do so in this thread.
Ok cool! I am so glad you guys know so much about this electrical stuff because I am clueless. Anyway this looks great and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about it. Thanks! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.