Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we should post pics and discuss Lemax spooky Town.

I used my trusty 40 percent off coupon and picked up the Haunted Grove yesterday. Im so excited. My mom got me a couple things off of Ebay too. The little light up bags and the headless horseman. I will post pics when its all set up. I am waiting until September so I dont get bored of it...

Do you have a villiage?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I have a mixed Lemax/Department 56 village. I have Lemax's funeral home, a spooky tree and pumpkin set and the Headless Horseman. The rest of my pieces are Department 56--several trees, Grimsley Manor, swinging skeleton, black cat picket fence, light up jack o' lanterns, etc. I really want to get the Department 56 werewolf piece, though.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
I have a mixture of Lemax and D56 myself. I did my first village last year. It turned out pretty good. I get a lot of my stuff from the house of tam. She has layaway and gives free shipping if its over 250, which too bad for me it usually is. LOL. Check out my village and tell me what you think. Hellrazor, do you have a village? Let me see some pics...

Pictures by turtle2778 - [email protected]@[email protected]@http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/turtle2778/[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@h134/turtle2778/HeadPopperProp

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice Turtle! I like your set up. I dont have pics myself yet cuz last October I just had "pumpkins for sale" and the "cemetary gates" For Chirstmas and my birthday (in January) I got a whole bunch more. I havnt set it up yet. Im waiting until September. Then I will post pics....

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW Great pics Hauntiholic! I only do the Lemax stuff myself,cus its less expensive and to keep it consistant.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice setup Turtle! I wish I had that much room to display my pieces. I have the entire first 2 years of Spooky Town houses and accessories. Since then I purchase only what I like oppose to everything in the collection because I have run out of room to display and store. They just sit there.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don’t have any of the Spooky Town because we use our Lemax collection for Christmas decorations. You see my daughters favorite holiday is Christmas and our family tradition is to buy one new piece each year and set-up it all up after Thanksgiving dinner.

I plan on to keep buying a new piece until my oldest moves out and then she gets 1/3 of the collection to start her own Christmas town. Of course my youngest get ½ of the collection we have made when she moves out. After I’m gone they can split what’s left so every Christmas they have something they grew-up with and hopefully reminds them of the good times we had together.

So alas I don’t see myself getting a Spooky town anytime in the future but, that’s OK.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I bought the black lights and the pumpkin patch. I had the moon but it broke. Theyre just really expensive. After Halloween they go on for 50% off though.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Cheetah~

If you look at michaels they can be expensive. I get them from http://www.lemax-spookytown.com/ I swear i pay the lowest price out there. Im a cheap a**. If you cant order online, then Michaels does offer coupons all the time. Last week i got some great potion bottles at Michaels and a spellbook for 40% off ...lucky for me a wonderful forum memeber sent me a coupon he had (AWESOME I KNOW) I have had some great service through http://www.houseoftam.com/ This is a mom and pop run place, but theresa and Noel are GREAT. They offer layaway, which by the way is how i got all of my stuff(or ebay). They also give a10% discount on D56 and have free shipping if you spend over $250, which isnt hard to do if you have a layaway. Hope this helps you guys make a awesome village.

Turtle

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Hey WNY....Thanks for the shoutout. It was my first year doing it. I am hopefully doing some outside things this year.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Turtle
I love your display. How did you create the base? I've just started on my collection and I want to have a base instead of just setting them out on a table, which is what I did last year.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
just spent an hour on their offical website....love it!! But Im gonna wait till Michaels has the after Halloween sale.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Cheetah~

Glad i could help girl. BTW, i love your avatar. I loved that garfield halloween episode...too funny. If i see any good coupons come up for michaels i let ya know.

Turtle

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Thanks. I havn't been able to find the 2" foam down here in TX, all we have is the 3/4 or 1". I've been glueing pieces together for my tombstones. I'm thinking for this it might be better to use a layer of plywood and then the foam to give it enough support to hold the weight. Of course I only have about 5 pieces right now but I will be expanding...just wish those after Halloween sales would start now.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Spideranne~

Sorry, i must have misunderstood. I use plywood under all of my stuff. Its an 12X8X4 foot L-shaped display and there is WAY too much weight to have just styrofoam. Make sure when using the plywood that you support it evenly. I didnt last year and the 1 board was bowed up in the center. Yeah i was supposed to be expanding each year, but im more of a bulk buyer. Layaway is my friend. Anyway hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
We have both but i prefer d56 probabley because i get it at the farmers market and it is always 20% off

1 - 20 of 87 Posts