Haunt Forum banner

Would you be interested in buying a T-Shirt at a reduced cost?

• Yes! $15 or less sounds good to me.

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Maybe. If the cost were less than $15

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • It's too expensive for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in buying a shirt.

Votes: 2 8.7%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past year, since HauntForum had started offering T-Shirts through our CafePress store, sales on them have been pretty low. I strongly believe it is the cost of these shirts ($20.95 each) that has maintained the poor sales. In light of this, I have decided it may be wise to have a decent quantity of shirts silk screened to keep the costs low.

However, for this to even be worth it, I'd need at least 20 shirts to be sold. At that quantity, I'd be selling them at $15 each. The more I will be able to sell, the less they will cost to have made and thus the less I'd be selling them for. So, for instance, if I think I'd be able to unload 30 of them, then the cost would be more like $13.

If enough people participate in this poll and say they'd be interested in a shirt, I'll go forward with a pre-order similar to what I have done with the DVDs. At the end of this pre-order period, I'll place an order with the silk screener and two weeks later I should be able to start shipping shirts to the members who have paid for them.

Sound good? Is this idea worth going forward with? Answer the poll question above.

See the attached image for the graphic that will be printed on the shirt.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
count me in Z--- is it more $ for larger shirt like a XX
Just checked it out... XX and above (XXXXL is as high as I can order) is an extra $2 to have made, so yes it will be more for a XX.

XXL and up will be more like $17 (or less if more people order altogether).

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Oh sure now ya do this 3 weeks after I bought 2 shirts.:D

I wont vote because we did just get 2 shirts. However, I will say that the price did suprise me. But hey if your peice it makes it easier for you to run this great site it is worth it.

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
I too just bought a t-shirt from CafePress, but I'd bee willing to buy another one or two at that price.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh sure now ya do this 3 weeks after I bought 2 shirts.:D

I wont vote because we did just get 2 shirts. However, I will say that the price did suprise me. But hey if your peice it makes it easier for you to run this great site it is worth it.
The unfortunate thing about the CafePress shirts is that the base price is $18.95. In order for me to get any cash out of it, I needed to bump the price up beyond that.

I still have my CafePress shirt... a year after I bought it. The graphic held up pretty good. The sucky thing in all this is the colors on the cafepress shirt more closely resemble the actual logo... the screen-printed ones will have an all-white moon and white lights in the windows. By reducing the logo to two colors (white and orange) we all get to save money but at the expense of picture quality.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Put me in the 'I just bought a tee shirt' club as well.

Honestly, less than two weeks ago.

Strange timing.

I'll talk to the wife about more shirts.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Z-F take the poll with a grain of salt. I've seen too many times on other groups that people say yes, they want something and then never come through after it is done. This isn't to say don't do this, nor is it to be a spoil sport, this is just to say be cautious. :D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Z-F take the poll with a grain of salt. I've seen too many times on other groups that people say yes, they want something and then never come through after it is done. This isn't to say don't do this, nor is it to be a spoil sport, this is just to say be cautious. :D
Oh trust me, I know this more than any of you could possibly know. Though, I have sold more DVDs than people said they were going to buy, so that's a positive sign that this could do well too.

Either way, I want shirts out there on people and for sale at Jeff's booth at the conventions. At $21 a pop, CafePress isn't the way to do it. They get to put too much money in their pockets while the actual shop owner basically gets screwed because if they want to make even a dollar off of a shirt, they have to inflate the price up from the $18.95 base price.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Wow I knew cafepress was steep but DAMN. Ya know what in that case count me in for shirts for the kids What about like an extra small infint size shirt Im having more fun with the granddaughter than the kids. Its so much better when you can go sniff sniff and hand them back.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow I knew cafepress was steep but DAMN. Ya know what in that case count me in for shirts for the kids What about like an extra small infint size shirt Im having more fun with the granddaughter than the kids. Its so much better when you can go sniff sniff and hand them back.
I know I can get kids sizes, but not sure about infants. I'll look into it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
What colors will they be available in? I'd like to see it in white, but I'm not sure how the logo would look?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What colors will they be available in? I'd like to see it in white, but I'm not sure how the logo would look?
Well, I can only do it in black or else the cost will be going up because I'll have to add black as a color to screen on to the shirt and the quantity per color will be decreased.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Personally I like the black. I work a lot with make-up and often in make-shift rooms for films and theatre. The grunge would show too much in white.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just a suggestion. How about gray instead of black? I'm just not a big fan of black tee-shirts. When I think of tee-shirts, I think of summer and I can't imagine wearing a black tee-shirt under the hot sun of a summer day.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sticking with black to keep the cost down. Switching to another color will add another color to the silk screen process, thus driving up the cost.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts