Haunt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct place for this but I'm sure it will be moved if it's not.

Does anyone else have a Verizon wireless account? If you don't and you are thinking about
switching to Verizon beware of some of their practices. I just bought a new phone (and started a
new 2 yr contract) the LG Vx8100. At 1st I thought it was a good little phone
until I started finding little things about what Verizon did to tweak it.

1st thing I noticed that they cut down on the number of preinstalled ring tones. I just found out why from an online mobile phone forum.
Some jerk in marketing decided that it was a good idea to do that and then to shut off the capability to
down load custom ring tones from the web. The only way to get new ring tones is to use their "Get-it-now" service.

They're trying to squeeze a few lousy bucks more out of me for something most people are able to get for free.

No wonder why the sales guy recommended this phone to me.

All I can say is that when my 2 yr contract is up I'm switching to a new provider. :finger:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
There's a way around almost everything. Download a ringtone to your pc and then e-mail it to your phone. Then you should be able to save it on your phone and use it that way. :D

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zombie-F said:
There's a way around almost everything. Download a ringtone to your pc and then e-mail it to your phone. Then you should be able to save it on your phone and use it that way. :D
Hey Zombie-f

I did that. I have the file saved already on the phone. They have disabled
the ability to select any ringtone other than what is downloaded from GET IT NOW

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
There always is the Clay method around that... but it involes plyers, a elastic band and a duck...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
claymud said:
There always is the Clay method around that... but it involes plyers, a elastic band and a duck...
Well I have Pliers and a duck but the elastic band might take me a while to scare up . ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts