Haunt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Grim, you can use regular blue floodlights from the hardware store. Just get some stake-in-the-ground floodlight holders and you're good to go.

·
Registered
295 Posts
if you want to have a black light spotlight, then try using a compact fluorescent bulb. I built a directional black light by installing a light socket into a stainless steel mixing bowl and then putting a black light compact fluorescent bulb into the light socket. The bulb that I have is one of the kind that looks like a ring.

Here's another model

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
I would also suggest that you experiment with the uv light (black light) to see what common materials are flouresent. I can remember useing laundry soap to paint on skin for the effect. Just check around the house

·
Registered
432 Posts
I also want to investigate inline dimmer controls. I used a 50W green lamp on the big night (not the night before, as per the first few pictures), as can be seen in my pictures here:

http://halloween.necrobones.com/2005.html

Unfortunately, the colored "indoor" 50W bulbs seem to be really scarce. I haven't seen any since. The 100W "outdoor" floodlights I fear would be too bright for my uses unless I can control the dimming carefully.

Anyone have good luck with inline dimmers?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hey landrvr1

Great Picts. How did you do the Skulls in the attic?
Are they just Bucky Skulls with a Green light in the middle or something More extravagant?

Either way Great picts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
SpectreTTM said:
Hey landrvr1

Great Picts. How did you do the Skulls in the attic?
Are they just Bucky Skulls with a Green light in the middle or something More extravagant?

Either way Great picts.
Those skulls are actually just cheap Target plastic skulls. I sprayed them with glow-in-the-dark paint from Home Depot, put a blacklight tube on the window sill in front, and that was it. Bought a cheap top hat for one, and a 'grandma' wig for the other.

At first I had planned to 'animate' them, but I ran out of time. The fact that they just sit there was kinda creepy. This year I'll make a mechanism that will allow them to float slowly up to the window (one at a time), and then float back.

·
Registered
277 Posts
WOW Landrvr1 that is one nice set-up and I love the lighting effects, I can only hope my display will look half as good as yours! :eek:

I also love the looks of your house, it just begs to be dressed-up for Halloween.

·
Registered
738 Posts
landrvr1 said:
Those skulls are actually just cheap Target plastic skulls. I sprayed them with glow-in-the-dark paint from Home Depot, put a blacklight tube on the window sill in front, and that was it. Bought a cheap top hat for one, and a 'grandma' wig for the other.

At first I had planned to 'animate' them, but I ran out of time. The fact that they just sit there was kinda creepy. This year I'll make a mechanism that will allow them to float slowly up to the window (one at a time), and then float back.
Thanks landrvr

I Love the effect. I'm sure my neighbors will too ;-)

Bhawa hahahhahaha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts