Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm setting up a website that's halloween related and wanted to know if anyone wants to be linked from it. I have just bought the domain so it should at least be up sometime tomorrow with a skeleton site. I am setting it up while I'm waiting for the DNS settings to take change.

I will be adding on and changing things over the next couple weeks.

the site url is http://www.halloweenalley.net

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
hey teary! if you want to link to my site i would appreciate it very much! there's a banner on my site on the main page. the url is freewebs.com/frontyardfright it's so cool that you bought the domain! how much does it cost? i've been looking into buying mine but i'm not sure on the cost. let me know!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I'll take any and every link I can get, just click on my signature banner, and click the "Link to us" link in the menu on the left side of the page. :D

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
ok guys I will be adding you just as soon as the dns is redirected. I have everything set up and ready to go. If you have banners you want me to use just let me know where to find them. I'm not too worried about the size as long as the aren't huge. I will grab the banners used here for the ones that have them in their sigs and uploading them to my site to link from.

Zombie-F and FYF I already had you two but wasn't sure who else would want a link.

Also here's my banner if you would like to link to me. You don't have to so don't think you are obligated to do so to get a link from my site.

Edited to add: Oh FYF the the domains run anywhere from usually $3.00 a year and up. Also since you are using freewebs like I do you will need their dns hosting ($15.00 a year) unless you already have the premium package for ($42.00? a year). Anyways.....I am spending 18 a year for my site. I either use Yahoo Small business for domains since the often run specials for 2.99 a year for a domain. I also use Ipower (2.95 or 2.99) for domains when Yahoo is not running specials.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Empress Nightshade said:
QUESTION:

How are you getting your cliickable banners in your signature area when HTML is not allowed?
Empress it's what's called BBC code. It's like HTML in a way but then again different since it will work only in forums (at least as far as I know)

Instead of putting < and > you use [ and ] with the img and /img

so it should look like this

{URL=site link}{img}image link{/img}{/URL}

Just change the { and } to [ and ] in the code above

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so far everyone who has posted is linked up and the site is working! If I missed anyone or your link isn't working please let me know.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gotcha FC.

I have text links for the ones I didn't see banners for so if you do have one that I may have missed please let me know.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
hey thanks for getting the info out teary. I was wanting to start a site myself. I was worried it would be too much..thanks

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Turtle2778, It's not that bad using Freewebs. If you have any questions about tit just let me know and I will do what I can do to help.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts