Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling Dr. Frankenstein...

Have you ever felt the urge to laugh maniacally while unknown liquids bubbled madly behind you?

Well now you can with your very own Test Tube Bubbler, and I'll show you how!

*Instructions for maniacal laughter not included

Supplies
• Plastic test tubes..$10.99 Used 40% off coupon $6.59
• Fish tank air pump..$6.77
• Tubing for air-line..$1.77
• Airline tube T's..$0.99 (x2) = $1.98
• Silicone caulk, Tub and Tile..$3.76 = $0.75
• Wood - ¾" plywood..$14.97 = $2.00
• Paint - brown or other dark color..$11.64 = $2.33
• 4 Pumpkin lights with 3 LED's each(available at Dollar Tree)..$1.00 (x4) = $4.00
• Package of 1-1/4 coarse screws..$6.47 = $0.65
• Spare assorted gauge wire..$2.00 = $1.00
• Glue sticks..$2.00 = $0.16
• Soldering equipment(flux and solder)..$6.99 = $0.40
• Water..tap
• Food coloring(optional)..$2.99 = $0.01
• Glow Sticks..$1.00 (x4) = $4.00
• AAA Batteries..$1.00(x2) = $2.00

Grand Total $ 34.41

If you'd like to make your own, I have a detailed How-to up on Instructibles at http://www.instructables.com/id/Test-Tube-Bubbler/

Hope you like it!

Attachments

·
Stays Zesty in milk
4,472 Posts
Excellent work, LMS! Looks like that would fit into any lab, mad or not. Great job!

·
Slowly Losing My Mind
2,820 Posts
That looks great!
Nice work on that prop LMS!

Another great entry.
Good luck!

·
Clean "cut"
27,005 Posts
Ohhh, shiny and bubbly, I like!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! It looks so awesome in person and is really creepy when I ran it in my basement surrounded by my roomies tools and props.

Frankina, on the other hand, disapproves as the glow sticks I used apparently are still glowing like 3 days later(she gets grouchy when she doesn't sleep).

Attachments

·
Terrible Peril
2,660 Posts
Very NICE...! The works on the back side are are cool too...I think it would look good if you could see the lights and pump from the front.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Awesome! I could use that idea even in a plague Dr. setup! Great prop.

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
Thanks everyone! It looks so awesome in person and is really creepy when I ran it in my basement surrounded by my roomies tools and props.

Frankina, on the other hand, disapproves as the glow sticks I used apparently are still glowing like 3 days later(she gets grouchy when she doesn't sleep).
I love the test tubes. They look great. Oh, and after seeing Frankina, I think the real reason she is grumpy is her lack of dates. But it does look like she needs her beauty rest, and soon. :)

·
User Title Already Taken
2,237 Posts
Hi LilMissSunshine,

I wanted to point out something and hope you can get it fixed. There is a blogger out there stealing popular instructables and putting them on her blog as her own. Your entry here which also is posted on instructables was stolen. See here stolen instructables

There is a thread here instructable forums where others are having the same issue and are trying to right the stolen material.

Just looking out for other members here. Good luck fixing it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Spider, I got a message from someone on instructables about it, but as it's midterm time at college and friends and I are vending this weekend, I just haven't had a chance to really look into it. Hopefully I'll have a few mins tomorrow.
I'm glad to hear others are working to get theirs back, maybe it will make my fight easier.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol, well I guess it was you. Thanks again, I went ahead and filed with word press. Thing is, I'm kind of flattered people find my stuff good enough to steal lmao!

·
Registered
35 Posts
This very well may be in my mad scientist lab this year! Thanks for the idea!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts