Haunt Forum banner

looking for ideas to build a car bumper prop?

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Dreadnight 
#1 ·
I've seen this done many places and have even been scared out of my pants at some Pro haunts lol lol got me!!!but I would love to bring this into my home haunt...my theme for my haunt is an old run down prison and I thouhgt I could build a cop car/patty wagon...But I don't know where to start!! I do know i want it to be actor controled and it can be large but I would like to be able to break it down for storage...also I don't want it to be just flood lights in a wall I want it to look like a car is going to hit U :eek: any help or ideas wil sure be welcomed would love to see if some one out here has done this prop?

#5 ·
NT, assuming you need to keep this lightweight to move it easier, you might think about using monster mud over a skeleton of the 1/4" wire mesh. I used that to make my cannon (see website) and wasn't sure it would even work, but found out you can sand monster mud down to an almost metal-smooth finish! If you want to go that route, let me know and I'll give more of a how-to.

#6 ·
what a great Idea!!!!! never thought of it but I never used monster mud I have been wanting to try it but haven't got a round to it yet....I just think those cannon's are freaking cool looking! almost looks like u went grave diving lol good job!!! and ya any help with this would help alot I do have 1 question dose monster mud have much smell?

#7 ·
its latex paint and joint compound ....joint compound is not exactly smelly.....but you know paint can get smelly.....Wondering if your gonna do this in closed in area? I have heard stories of flash fires from paint fumes.....Just a thought keep windows open.

#10 ·
NT - The only smell you should experience is the paint you paint it with (normally latex house paint). I should probably send you the how-to off list since it will be pretty lengthy. I've found that when a post goes on and on here, the system sort of "boots" you off and the post gets lost. Just need a good email addy for you.

#11 ·
thankz Dread for all the info my email is robbylavoie@hotmail.comu could send me anything there i don't have a web space yet but am working on that only have myspace and that kind of crappy but all my work from the past yera is on there and thankz a head of time for the help I'm thinking of of building a patty wagon and any Ideas will hep I thought a shoopping cart might make a good baseto start with I have also decided that this dose not have to be broking down!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.