Haunt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the movie Hocus Pocus. Anyone know if there's a soundtrack, or maybe even an mp3/mpga file online? The only one I've found is on someone's web site. I've tried to email her but the mail bounces back.

The song I'm looking for is this one that plays on Jan's Courtyard

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I couldn't find a soundtrack on either Amazon or eBay for ya, nor could I find any mp3s or wavs on the 'net. I'd say just keep trying to get a hold of her to see if she will hook you up with a sound file.

If all else fails, you could always try *ahem* illegal fileswapping software *cough*. :p

And if that fails, I'd suggest just renting the movie on VHS or DVD and recording the audio directly from the movie.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol Do you think that's how she got the song... from a DVD? I've tried and tried to write her, but her mail keeps bouncing back as undeliverable. Darn it.

I'll keep trying, though. The song HAD to come from SOMEWHERE, right? :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
The sound quality sounds like it came out of the movie and not off a CD, so I'd assume that's how she snagged it.

The crappy thing here is, the sound is part of her flash movie, so it's not like I can even look in her source code and get the url to just the sound and grab it that way (trust me, I looked for ya).

Ask around some other forums... or try asking people on the Halloween-L list. I'll bet somebody on there will have it if a soundtrack ever was released.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Zombie. I appreciate you looking for me. How in the world did she get the music from the movie, though, if it was on video/VHS. It sounds really clear, so I'm guessing it wasn't a record-by-microphone thing.

Oh, get this: a friend of mine found the song online last night... but it's backwards. Sounds really creepy. :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Ooh... if you have it backwards I can reverse it again for you so it's the right way! E-mail or PM me via my member page here if you would like me to try this.

If it's a VHS tape, she probably played it back through her VHS player, and sent the audio outputs on the back out to her audio input on her computer. There are adapters made to go from the RCA jacks on the back of a VCR or DVD player to a stereo 1/8" connector that's on the back of a PC.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Song Needed

I have put music online using a cassette deck. Is there a sound recorder that anyone knows of that lets you record video? The one I use only accepts audio input.

BTW - I'm the one that sent the backward song to Autumn_Dreams. It was backwards because I made it that way with my Windows XP Sound Recorder. I did finally send her the frontwards version.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, Dave... Hi, Zombie: Just catching up on posts.

Dave sent me a copy (forwards), and... I also FINALLY found the movie at Best Buy. :D

...looking for a copy of Sleep Hollow now. But.. I have the music! lol

·
Registered
797 Posts
This site has three versions of it: a short one with music, a short one with the music removed, and the full version, all available for easy download. They are, for some reason, listed under the "ghosts" subheading. There are also some other really good sound effects, in particular the creepy little children.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
TipoDeemin said:
This site has three versions of it: a short one with music, a short one with the music removed, and the full version, all available for easy download. They are, for some reason, listed under the "ghosts" subheading. There are also some other really good sound effects, in particular the creepy little children.
Cool effects! dowloaded most of them..Does anybody know what software is used to make that pre-trailing sound that precedes the voices(hard to explain)..Example...The effect creepy children teaparty or the "mmmmMMommy"..one..you know what I mean? I want to recreate that effect if possible. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Glad I was able to help you out with them! I'm going to be playing some of the eerie little kids very lowly in the bathroom during our Halloween party. Only place anyone'll be alone enough to be freaked out. :D

I have no idea what software they were using for that echo effect, though if anyone does know, I'm interested in it, too! You'd be able to make some great sound for your haunt with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts