Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Panic time is here!
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lowes is putting their stuff out.
The Gemmy witch is overpriced at $150 but everything else is reasonable.

Large styrofoam tombstones for about $7.00.
Large paper mache skull about $6.00
Paper mache gargoyles for about $8.00
Skull string lights that random flash to the tune of John Carpenter's "Halloween"....priceless.

Couldn't pass up the gargoyles or the lights. I don't even like gargoyles but it will look good in the graveyard. :devil:

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Our Lowe's has never had Halloween stuff until this year. They have a huge inflatable grim organist on display. Not really my cup of tea, but it is pretty cool if you like that sort of thing.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Went to my local Lowes the other night, (oddly enough I seem to be making weekly trips there since I started prop making!), they had nothing out yet for Halloween. I was looking at the Gemmy website the other night, there were a few interesting things there, if you click on them it tells you where you will be able to purchase them. Lowes came up on quite a few, I'm hoping my Lowes will get with the program very soon!:devil:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Night Owl - thank you for that video link. Now that I've seen it I really know that I MUST have the lights. I have a life sized Michael Myers in my yard haunt...and I think he needs some lights. I went to one of our Lowe's today and they didnt' have anything out yet though. Might try one of the others tomorrow...

·
Registered
310 Posts
I work at Lowes here in Missouri and ours got in the Halloween items as well. The 150.00 Witches are very cool but we only got in four and when they are gone they are gone. We only got in enough to fill a display endcap and everything is out, nothing in the warehouse. So Im keeping an eye on everything as its sells. last night we sold one witch already as she said shes seen them online for up to 300.00. Ive seen them on line for 250.00. So Im waiting to grab the last one we have which is the display. My boss has been having to much fun with the mic is comes with and hes been greeting the costumers as they come in. To funny. I only get 10% off at Lowes but its something LOL. But yeah we to got in all we are gonna get at lowes.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Panic time is here!
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I got these same lights just the other day from a WalGreens for $9.99
They are $9.97 at Lowes.

Make sure you try the lights before you buy.
Some flash white and others flash different colors. They are battery operated and have a sound sensor.

I have the music turned off on mine right now but every time my husky barks....they light up! LOL!

Hey Turtle,
I didn't see any ceramic houses.

Wormy, no wonder you are so well equipped for prop building. If I worked at Lowes I wouldn't have a paycheck. LOL!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Back in July someone on another board posted about Lowes carrying an animated musical owl in their Garden Section. The owl is made by Gemmy (not shown on their website BTW that I could tell) and my local Lowes had it under SKU 290595 (Animated Owl Garden Statuary--on receipt). I bought 2 of them because it is so cool and for $19.99 a great buy IMO. The eyes light up, the beak moves, the head turns and spins sometimes. It can be set to motion sensor. The negative is that the first sensor track has hooting with eyes lit and head turning, beak moving; but the second track is that plus head spinning in addition to the musical track to "Who can it be now?". Wish you could turn off just the music. The guy who alerted people to this find, said he cut the wires to the speaker and everything else worked. I'll do the same thing for this year if I don't have time to hack into it. I'll see if he minds a link to his movie clip and post the link if not. In the meantime here's a link to a clip someone on YouTube posted about it but for some reason the owl isn't turning it's head in this video, but it does turn and it's part of its charm.

It is a must check out if you are shopping at Lowes for Halloween. IMO it should be with the halloween stuff not the garden stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That would have been me spookie its coffin here new to this board hey did you read my post on the other board about what happen at lowes to me yesterday. the owls went fast

well if not here it is

Well we got the witch that gemmy makes she is so cool was at Lowes and found her they had like 4 of them and this is so strange how this worked out.but we got one and to take it back cause the pot would not turn then the 2nd one we got her eyes didn't light up. so was on our third one i did all this yesterday it was like 150.00 we had a 10.00 discount coupon and that took care of the tax. well after the first trip back he took off another 10% then when we went back for the third time he took another 20% off all this was put on a gift card but they had some stuff we wanted a cool door knocker and such. I think gemmy needs to rethink on how they box up stuff they don't use much in the box to help on the way its handled.

but here is when it gets good i went to Lowes to day and use the gift card that was left over from the whole thing and seen the witch on the floor in the box for sale for 50.00 bucks the one that had the pot that would not turn so i got it????
i have no reason why i did this!! got it home did some looking into the reason why it was not working all it was the plug that it has in the back was not in correctly so i set it out for sale just to see Man it was like a nightmare we had 2 people stop the same time a man and a lady they was running to the driveway like i was giving money away they both said i want it, well now here we go what do i do now i said well i am asking 100.00 for her they both said yes this keep on till the lady said 200.00 the guy backed off so there you have it. i made a 150.00 bucks for more halloween stuff, so cool. I felt bad afterwards for Lowes i don't know why they didn't send it back to Gemmy or try to look at it.
the women did say she seen them on ebay for more so she was real happy i told her how i got it and showed her how i fixed it she didnt care she was so happy she got it.

Sorrrrry its so long :googly:

·
Panic time is here!
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the same witch last year at Albertson's for about $100.

It started acting weird with the audio input from my cd player but if I put the wireless mic next to it, the audio works fine. Don't understand it but it works.
I think the quality control at Gemmy isn't very good.

It isn't worth shipping it to repair it so I'll just keep the mic on...no worries!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Coffin glad you found Haunt Forum! I think you'll like it. Sounds like a long day for you. I hate returning things. Last year at Home Depot I purchased the talking mummy (Gemmy), HD had a good price and they only had like one other one left. Got it home, the box was sealed BTW, and wouldn't you know it but the two pieces of the mummy that latch together wouldn't fit no matter what I tried doing. So packed it all back up and lugged this big box to the store. By that time the last mummy had been sold and I had written a check out for it so the only thing they would do for me was give me a store credit. I had them call around and they found another mummy in a store 45 minutes away so off I went to get it. That one was fine thankfully. So far that has been my only problem with Gemmy products.

Since you didn't mind if I linked to the owl at Lowe's, here the link for everyone.
BTW I noticed if you lifted up the rubber edge covering the owl head you can see 2 long screw holes. Is this how you got to the speaker or did you go through the bottom? Thanx.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u258/Dave_A_SGHS/?action=view&current=DSCF0169.flv

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went thru the bottom its tricky but can be done the speaker is on the bottom if i remember correctly. all i did like you said was cut the wire so i could hok it back at a alater date when i am ready to tear into it. he works fine still just no sound, but i got a mp3 plarer hook'ed to some power computer speakers and i found a few different owl sounds on line and that will be playing near him.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts