Haunt Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Thanks so much for the heads up about the skull lights that play "Halloween". I got 3 sets of them this past weekend. Also picked up one of the little gargoyles, and the 3 foot tall skeleton "guardian" thing. Had to go to 2 Lowes to get all the lights I wanted, but I think I'm all set now - at least for those. :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Stopped by local Lowe's to check on foam board and they have pulled all of their Halloween and set up Xmas already. There were two small areas of stuff--one area in an aisle and the other was a cart. Just a few pieces of each product for the most part. Maybe 6-8 Gemmy talking skeletons, window leechers (skull and moaner), Gemmy mini 400W fogger, fog juice, orange and purple mini lights, tall foam gravestones, various types of ground breakers (most lit), lit pumpkins, a few inflatables, orange 8-hr. glow sticks, candy dish with animated hand, a few other things I can't recall.

Anyway decided to pick up a leecher and didn't see a price on it. Asked one of the sales persons who checked and informed me that all Halloween was 75% off. OMG clearing out before October! I bought 3 skelly leechers and one of the mini foggers (I still need a larger one) and paid $13.47 before tax. Wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you have a Lowe's in your area. I have to say that people who are looking to buy their Halloween stuff come October may have a hard time finding what they want.

Really appreciate all the heads up from people here.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Couldn't resist a great deal so headed back to LOWE's this morning to pick up more sale mdse. Foggers and fog juice were gone but added two more skelly window leechers to my collection ($1.99 each) and picked up 3 lit driveway skull and hands markers ($3.24 each). Purple set of 50 mini lights were 86 cents each. Since I already had a talking mummy and they are kind of big to store, I passed on any more but really those a great deal (orig 74 bucks for less than 20 bucks).

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I was all excited about Lowes having stuff on clearance...but mine hasn't done that yet. They do have about 9 of those mummy's at mine (I've got one from last year) if anyone in the Wichita area needs one (the Maple/Ridge store).

·
Registered
418 Posts
BTW when I went to Lowe's I would not have known about the 75% discount on halloween if I hadn't asked one of the sales guys about the cost of the leecher. No signs posted. But management knew about the markdown and I had to tell the cashier to ring it up and the manager had to come over to approve it. So if you don't see a sign, ask anyway. Even the sales staff was surprised it was being marked down so early. I was told they had a ton of Xmas stuff to get on the shelves now.

·
Panic time is here!
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Glad you got your lights, Smiley.
I love mine..they flash when I close cabinet door, when the dog barks, etc. Don't have to turn them on. It is great.

Thanks for the heads-up on the clearance, You can't have too many lights.

·
Registered
328 Posts
So Spookie, there was *NO* indication of the stuff being marked down at all?

'Cause I just went to price stuff and saw their small display and the small area off to the side and there was nothing to indicate a markdown in price. They were in the middle of putting up their Christmas stuff though...I love Christmas, but damn, it's way too early!

I thought I'd check and see first (and wait a few days for the pay cheque) before bugging the staffers over there...

21 - 40 of 52 Posts