Haunt Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
So Spookie, there was *NO* indication of the stuff being marked down at all?

'Cause I just went to price stuff and saw their small display and the small area off to the side and there was nothing to indicate a markdown in price. They were in the middle of putting up their Christmas stuff though...I love Christmas, but damn, it's way too early!

I thought I'd check and see first (and wait a few days for the pay cheque) before bugging the staffers over there...
Nope, nada. No signage saying "sale", "clearance" or even anything with slashed or new prices. If Xmas is going up in a big way at your location, "ask someone" is my advice. They apparently need to get the shelves cleared and stocked with Xmas. Believe me it was worth my taking the time to do so. I ended up with a lot more stuff for my yard for this year and next that I couldn't have bought otherwise; also you want to do so before all the remaining stock is picked over.

I love all my skull and bone driveway markers--have enough for a whole driveway thanks to the sale -- and a mini fogger for $7.50 is hard to beat. Should have picked up more fog juice or even a second fogger but I'm happy with all the stuff I did get. What kind of merchandise was left at your location?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well, they only had one set of the "Halloween theme" lights...I think 3-5 foggers, a few skulls, anywhere between 3-10 of everything. Well, except the really cheap foam tombstones and they just suck.

I'll have to go back on Wednesday when I've got cash and the time and hope they have what I want still. I really really hope...:(

·
Registered
418 Posts
Wow can't believe my luck in our area. Doesn't say much for Halloween in our area though does it? I stopped by an ACE hardware store to pick up a part last week, didn't see any holiday stuff out so asked if they were going to be putting out holiday decorations like for Halloween and Christmas. I was told no Halloween except for a few candy dishes, and would get some Christmas in. Really sad.

·
Registered
328 Posts
So I stopped into Lowe's yesterday...despite the massive Christmas display already up, they told me that Halloween wouldn't be marked down until Nov. 1. Double checked with the manager, same answer.

Pathetic really. Not a lot of stuff left, but they are refusing to mark it down. I guess they figure they'll sell it out at full price.

It was odd; the fogger they sell for $30 is the identical fogger that Micheal's is selling for $40.

I did pick up the last Halloween theme playing lights though for my classroom. It's on sensor right now...as my high school seniors walk in the door, it trips and they suddenly start spinning, trying to figure out what is happening...hehehe...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, Lowes has a lot of stuff out now. But to me, cheaply made and overpriced. For example Disney plastic tombstone. Does talk but for $109 no way. I know Disney has trademark involved. But still. Waiting for Homedepot. I was pleasantly surprised last year. And Spirit I liked some stuff this year but it seems they haven't grown out of the box. Tell me your opinions...please. i may have missed something at these places. Thanks Bill W.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, Lowes has a lot of stuff out now. But to me, cheaply made and overpriced. For example Disney plastic tombstone. Does talk but for $109 no way. I know Disney has trademark involved. But still. Waiting for Homedepot. I was pleasantly surprised last year. And Spirit I liked some stuff this year but it seems they haven't grown out of the box. Tell me your opinions...please. i may have missed something at these places. Thanks Bill W.
I've always found Lowe's Halloween offerings to be a complete disappointment. It's basically overpriced dollar store crap. I think Spirit Halloween has been veering off course for several years. The quality, and innovation, have gone way down and the prices have gone way up. It seems like the Grim skeleton was a fluke.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Holy 14-year-old-thread revival, Batman! 🤣 The last previous post before yours was from three years before you joined... and you've been a member for 11 years. This coming from the guy that's been a member for a couple of hours. 🤣 I agree with all of your points though. 😎
I've always found Lowe's Halloween offerings to be a complete disappointment. It's basically overpriced dollar store crap. I think Spirit Halloween has been veering off course for several years. The quality, and innovation, have gone way down and the prices have gone way up. It seems like the Grim skeleton was a fluke.
Agree with all of your points too. Spirit props are horrific. I mean, they can only offer what their suppliers make tho. I don't think they have a stake in Gemmy or have their own manufacturers. If they've actually been designing the junk they offer these days, then shame on them. It'll be their downfall. I understand inflation, but would you rather by a Gemmy Leatherface from the mid-2000s for $249 WITHOUT A COUPON, or the crap the offer today for $300+. Heck, I'd rather buy those old Gemmy life-sized for $350+ than to spend $50 on what they have now. In the early 2000s, I couldn't wait to get into Spirit to see what they had, and then figure out later how I'd pay for it. I'd spend over $1k in the first week of their stores opening. Now, I don't care when they open, and when I do go in, I don't think I spend more than $40, but mostly walk out with nothing.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts