Haunt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone pick this up?

Most of the props are re-hashes from thinks from hauntproject.com which made me a little dissapointed, I was hoping to get some new ideas. However I think the guy showing the tombstone design is a member of this forum :D

also the torso cake was pretty awesome.

Review: worth a flip through if you're at the news stand, but nothing really worth 10 bucks in there that you can't find in more detail online :/

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been looking for a copy of this as some of my fellow costumers thought I'd find a couple of thos articles interesting, but suprisingly I haven't been able to find it around here at all!! Anyone want to tell me if the search is worth it for the costume-y stuff? Thanks!:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I picked up one up as well - I'll get a detailed description up later, if no one beats me to it.

I was kind of disappointed myself. This will be my first year of actually having a display, but I've been following the scene for a couple of years now. Most of the stuff in the magazine is stuff you can pick up online - FCG, gravestones, etc. Though I have to agree with shaunathan, the torso cake was pretty sweet.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ok, here you go:
Profile on Howling Yeti haunt
Profile on Randall Cook
Ghoulbox: Halloween Gadgets
Makeup section (nothing you probably haven't seen before)
Marie Antionette headless costume (pretty neat)
Costumes from everyday stuff
Playable Pac Man costume (basically you look like an arcade machine using a MAME equipped laptop. I might use this to construct a mini-MAME cabinet.)
Create devil horns
Sushi Costume (lame)
Blood spurting knife wound
Pop-up top hat gag
Cylon jack o lantern
Pumpkin carving
How to photograph JOLs
Bleeding thorax cake (pretty cool)
Roasting pumpkin seeds (apparently they were really reaching for articles here)
Home haunting 101 - learn from the pros!
Trash can trauma (how to)
Ultimate fog chiller (how to)
Mini electric chair (how to using motion controllers)
Tombstones how to
Build a controller board
Kid friendly tricks (like skinning a Furby. Ummm, ok, if your kids are Pugsley and Wednesday...)
Aliens in the garage
The Birds (a'la Hitchcock)
FCG how to
Pneumatic monkey in a cage how to
Hot glue web gun how to

So all in all, nothing you probably haven't seen before. If you are on the fence, look at a copy first.

Oh, and it looks like you can get alot of this stuff from the website anyway. Just search for Halloween.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.