Haunt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I think he actually wants to know how to build a bed. If that's the case, drive around on trash day for a while... you're bound to find a mattress and/or box spring for free out in somebody's trash.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hah I actually could use some tips on making my bed

Ya thats a good idea about driving around on trash day. But driving around wasting gas isnt that cool, wasted time is that cool either if I dont find one. Its like looking for a needle in a haystack.
I can just imagine how long I would last. Its actually scary to me to think of driving around all day and not finding a bed. Wasting an entire working day to find a bed. I'm up for the challenge though:ninja: I'll have eyes like a hawk, the patience of an owl, the will of warrior, and the instinct of a, of a....a lion or something.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Dang! I actually saw an old bed frame (one of those aluminum cot fold up jobs) at the roadside yesterday. I was half tempted to snag it but storage is tight right now and I don't have a plan to use it this year. Check thrift stores who sometimes get kids beds in. It probably wouldn't be hard to build a headboard/footboard with some side rails using scrap lumber.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Of course, instead of driving around, you could also always just check your local dump. They're bound to have a bed lying around there. But then, you have to think about this... do you have the room to have a bed lying around? Madmax's idea may be the best way to go.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
One suggestion would be to watch your local freecycle groups. People are always giving away beds on there. Or maybe craigslist. For a bed in a scene we did last year, we had a portable cot that we used and then threw an old blow up raft from the pool on top of that, covered in sheets and blanket and voila....instant bed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
What about using one of those inflatable mattresses for camping or floating in the pool? Add wood posts and/or foam board frame and you can put sheets on top of it plus it would be easy to store for next year ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmm ya good suggestion darkness.

I want to be able to have actors get into to bed...so it should be pretty sturdy. I think I'll use your idea Madmax's easy intructions on a bed. Unless I spot one a couple of days before I enclose that scene, I'll probably just build one. Thanks Max!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Goodwill, St Vincent De Paul, Salvation Army these places always have too many metal bed frames. I get them for the angle iron to make supports. Usually $2.00 to $3.00 bucks. Then if you dont want to spend on a mattress, just use plywood like madmax suggested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts