Haunt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Headless & Haunting
4,767 Posts
Great tutorial Brad - love the knife - well done!

·
H.B.I.C.
9,101 Posts
Nice tutorial! The knife looks so rustic and real.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Brad, I'm guessing that you used Apoxie Sculpt for creating the butt end of the handle too? I would also guess that you created the butt end before you started scoring the handle for the wood grain effect.

For the styrene, I'd check out your local sign shops, they throw away scraps of this material all the time, it may be in colors other than white, but if you are going to paint it black, it won't make a difference. You can probably get the scraps from them for free.

For the knot, it was probably a half-hitch or maybe a clove-hitch you are thinking of. See? Being a Boy Scout teaches you all kinds of handy things!

If you need ideas for more exotic looking weapons, you might look at the Budk catalog on line, they sell real and replica versions of movie and fantasy blades and weapons.
http://www.budk.com/home.jsp?sourcecode=BKPENNY278

·
Super Moderator
64,110 Posts
That looks absolutely real - great job!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brad, I'm guessing that you used Apoxie Sculpt for creating the butt end of the handle too? I would also guess that you created the butt end before you started scoring the handle for the wood grain effect.

For the styrene, I'd check out your local sign shops, they throw away scraps of this material all the time, it may be in colors other than white, but if you are going to paint it black, it won't make a difference. You can probably get the scraps from them for free.

For the knot, it was probably a half-hitch or maybe a clove-hitch you are thinking of. See? Being a Boy Scout teaches you all kinds of handy things!

If you need ideas for more exotic looking weapons, you might look at the Budk catalog on line, they sell real and replica versions of movie and fantasy blades and weapons.
http://www.budk.com/home.jsp?sourcecode=BKPENNY278
Yes! Sorry, forgot to mention the butt-end. Did that with Apoxie, surely. And thanks for the tips! I'll look around. Love me some free! ;-)

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol:Brad, another fantastic piece....wow...what can't you do???:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seems so familiar. I'm glad your making the tutorials I am too lazy to make Brad.
Haha. I think you did make the tutorial, didn't you? That's how I learned how to do this sort of thing for sure. However I made this one because of the PVC angle, which I thought was an interesting twist.

Again, hope you don't mind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts