Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks! This i part one of my tutorial I'm doing on making the kind of skulls I leave all over the haunt. More parts as soon as they're done. (see YouTube link below)

Here's an example of the final product here.

Please subscribe to the YouTube channel to get the other installments... I think posting them all here would be considered spamming.

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
64,110 Posts
That picture is on the haunted calendar Uruk-Hai put together! I really like the look of these skulls.

Adding installments to this tutorial here is not spamming, to the best of my knowledge. You'll be fine:)

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol:Those look so great Brad....really neat looking corpsed skulls...You do have an eye and you are pretty talented as well.;)

Your YouTube tutorial was EXCELLENT! You are very funny, and very talented. I can't believe what you did with a $1.50 skull. I am so inspired.

·
H.B.I.C.
9,101 Posts
They look great! Your tutorial is very easy to follow. Can't wait to see the next one.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Very nice, they really have that tortured look to them.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Great job on the videos.
Do you think that air dry clay would work as well as the epoxy sculpt ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Love those skulls! Thanks for the great tutorial.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great job on the videos.
Do you think that air dry clay would work as well as the epoxy sculpt ?
I'm not sure. I find most of them tough to work with... and I'm not sure how they'd bond to the styrofoam, or whether you could feather the clay into a fine edge.

Do a test maybe, on a throwaway?

·
8,670 Posts
:jol:Well Brad, I am sort of stuck, waiting on Part 3......please post it already!:D Thanks a bunch!:p

·
8,670 Posts
:jol:Waiting for my Apoxie to arrive....due in Thursday...our lame butt craft stores don't have the stuff so Amazon is helping me out. I am really excited to get my first one done....but I can finish Part II this weekend....so....you have the weekend Brad......:D
No pressure...take your time.....I will wait.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:jol:Waiting for my Apoxie to arrive....due in Thursday...our lame butt craft stores don't have the stuff so Amazon is helping me out. I am really excited to get my first one done....but I can finish Part II this weekend....so....you have the weekend Brad......:D
No pressure...take your time.....I will wait.....
Haha... have you done the teeth yet? I had a commenter say to go with Fimo instead of Sculpey to avoid brittleness. Ever since she said that, I've had two of my Sculpey teeth snap off on me. Never was a problem with other batches of teeth I've done, but who knows.

·
8,670 Posts
Haha... have you done the teeth yet? I had a commenter say to go with Fimo instead of Sculpey to avoid brittleness. Ever since she said that, I've had two of my Sculpey teeth snap off on me. Never was a problem with other batches of teeth I've done, but who knows.
:jol:I try to follow directions...and you said watch Devil's Chariot's teeth tutorial, so I did...I think he used Fimo, so Fimo is what I bought.:) Once again trying to follow directions;)....I did exactly what Devil said and bought the translucent and the UV clay...and mixed it together....it took a while to get it thoroughly mixed....I think my teeth are a little big...like gopher tooth size...ha ha...just kidding...not quite that big.:D

·
Super Moderator
64,110 Posts
Just to keep them in one place, here is Brad's Part 2 tutorial:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts