Haunt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get some?! :D

Haha okay for real, where might they have some? I was thinking some store might get rid of them eventually and get new ones? If I have to pay for them I won't bother lol. It's easy to make my own dummies like I usually do but I figured I'd go for mannequins for their creepiness. :D

Any ideas? :O

·
Registered
338 Posts
Check here..

I have looked on EBay and they rape you for shipping. Even the cheap "full body" mannequins for $80 charge you another $50 for shipping. When I stopped at UPS they said a reasonable charge should be $40 or less depending on size and weight. I could ship a 50lb mannequin to Austraulia for $45 most of these are being shipped from surrounding states and they wont budge on shipping.

Check out the "for sale" section on Craigs List, keyword "mannequin" and see what you come up with.

I also posted a "Halloween Props wanted" on craigs list and got a great response. A woman right in the next city has about $4000 worth of animated and static props from Halloween USA, spirit, and online that she needs to unload from the death of her husband. She sent me some pics and I almost pooped a pink twinky. I will let you know what I pick up from her. So the deals are out there..keep searching

·
Hairy Scary
2,582 Posts
Erick,
I have worked in retail for 20 years.Mannequins are not that great to work with.They tend to be heavy and really do not stand when without a proper base.They are not posable.They are built to stand one way and one way only.
Start moving arms and legs and they fall over.They're fingers break easy. If they are reallistic looking,you are looking at big bucks.Did I say they are heavy? I had one fall on me.It left a bruise.(ouch) Make your own dummies ,its cheaper. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just a little OT but eBay has become a wasteland when looking for bargains. I joined back in 2000 when you could find interesting stuff cheap, sometimes from people who didn't realize the true value of something. Now it's nothing more than one more marketplace where thousands of people try to run businesses out of their homes and double or triple shipping costs to make even more profit.

If any of you are interested in starting your own business online, set up an auction site where home businesses are forbidden. Limit the number of auctions an individual can post in one day. Limit how many of the same item can be posted by one individual. And create a system where your auction site adds on ACTUAL shipping charges automatically. And forbid handling fees!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Death,

I know what you mean. I think the reason people over inflate shipping is to make up for all the costs involved between Ebay and Paypal, not to mention shipping costs. There's an insertion fee, final sales fee, then Paypal takes another 3% on top of everything. Since Ebay and Paypal are one in the same company, they have a good thing going since they are the only game in town. You can get quite a surprise if you had a good month selling when you get the end of month bill just from Ebay charges alone.

Last week I sold something on Ebay and actually thought shipping would be $22.00 to ship to the person. It was about $11.00, but I refunded the difference without the buyer even mentioning it. It really is just to expensive dealing with Ebay. I wish there was another game in town too.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Ya, I had the same experience. I saw a latex skelly - usually running 60.00 for buy it now for 15.00. I was really excited, but thank God I checked out the fine print regarding shipping. Shipping in the USA was 50.00 and DOUBLED to Canada. YIKES! So that was my LAST E-Bay experience.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There is a store in Dayton, Ohio (sorry, can't remember the name) where they aquire mannequins, store shelving, store props, etc... from companies and then re-sell them to the public. Not sure how that would be listed in the phone book, but might be worth a try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.