Haunt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'll stand here and admit it.
I dig Miami Vice. Great show. Crocket and Tubbs. Ultra-Cool.

Saw the commercial for the movie last night.
It sure as hell doesn't look like Miami Vice.
Jamie Foxx? Ok, I understand he's apparently the only black man in Hollywood , but, really, Jamie Foxx?
Colin Farrel? Uh, hello? A bloated little Irishman? Who hasn't had a hit in, well, ever, really. Sorry, but this guy isn't cool enough to carry Don Johnson's jock strap, never mind BE Sonny Crocket.

Miami Vice was all about style.
Both in the clothes, and in how the show was produced. Making a tv show that LOOKED like a film was a big deal then. And yeah, even if you don't want to admit it, the clothes were cool.
A movie based on a tv show that wanted to look like a movie? Makes my head hurt.
And, I understand that unless it's set in 1986, the clothes aren't gonna be the same, but can't they still be stylish looking cops? They're undercover as drug dealers for god sake. Wear a friggin suit.

And, really, Colin Farrel? Will Ferrel would have been a better choice.

This movie looks more like Bad Boys than Miami Vice. Some day some one will make a good movie based on a tv show. Just not right now.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I know when I saw this I almost laughed. But I hope if they do make a A-team movie it'll be a good one.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Somebody picked up the right to the A Team a few years ago. It had a script at one point, haven't heard much about it since then.:ninja:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
its the movie they love to talk about, but never make. All I know is I'd want to see Owen Wilson as 'Face'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts