Haunt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Music to Haunt Your House With: The Midnight Syndicate.

Here is the url to the site where this wonderful group resides: http://www.midnightsyndicate.com/

If ever there was a soundtrack that you could use to make the musical score for a haunting, you will find it here. I own three of the CD's and I promise you that they are guaranteed to give a sense of atmosphere like none before them have. They are mostly music with little dialogue and the cover art to each is very slick. I have Born of the Night, Realm of Shadows and The Gates of Delirium. So Zombie-F, or anyone else fancying the old homestead for this Halloween could do worse by not checking out this site for all your spectral soundtrack needs, as well as some other kewl items to boot.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Already a step ahead of you, as I already own Born of the Night. :D

Another awesome CD that's along the same lines as Midnight Syndicate is the freebie the Fright Catalog gives away with orders over $25 called "House of Gloom." It was made just for them, and is just as good as the Midnight Syndicate. I had my PA piping it out as background music for my yard this past year.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm wondering; is it sounds, or is it the music like Born of the Night? If it's sounds I gotta have it. I've been looking for sound recommendations FOR YEARS but alas, I haven't come upon any. I'm afraid to check out any I see on the shelves at CD stores, because many of them are so juvenile and slipshod at best. As a Grandmaster of Hauntings, Z, perhaps you can point me in the right direction. :D

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
It is music like Midnight Syndicate is, but there are sound effects mixed in with the music as well.

For just sound effects, I'd suggest one off the shelves that you can get at most any party store called "Rubie's Spooky Sounds." That's where the Badass Universe Chat's thunder sound came from. With a computer and a CD burner, you could take select sounds and put them on a CD to play in whatever order you need them to. As far as plain sound effects CDs go, this is the best.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Danke! I just happen to have both PC and CD burner. I will keep it in mind when it is time to start scaring up idea's for this All Hallows Eve which is only *gasp!* SIX MONTHS AWAY!!! :eek:

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dug up this old thread and wiped the dust off. Just recieved their new CD in the mail today (along with some real kick ass T's) I'm listening to it right now and the name of it is The 13th Hour. It's a sequel to another of their productions released a few years back Gates of Delirium. That particular CD dealt with the Haverghast Asylum ran by an insane family of miscreants. This new one is about the house where the family lived but was forgotten. Creepy ****e and a worthy followup to its successor. Midnight Syndicate never fails to deliver; pick this up and their other CD's like right now!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
The 13th Hour is excellent. I've been creeping out my coworkers for a couple of weeks. It's a great sound-scape.

When they wander into my office the look on their faces alone is worth the price of the disc. It's aways, "Man, you're really into Halloween aren't you?" I just smile.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's another link to a band known as Nox Arcana. Anyone who knows anything about Midnight Syndicate knows that the man responsible for N.A. used to be in that particular band. The man's name is Joseph Vargo, and judging form the sound of Nox Arcana I would say that Vargo was a strong creative force behind Syndicate's first two Halloween soundtrack albums Born of the Night and Realm of Shadows. He did all the artwork for the albums surely, and it is all re-created at this site: http://www.noxarcana.com/

Great stuff here. Even if Vargo comes off sounding a bit arrogant. :jol:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Forbidden Crypts said:
I recently was shown the website of another very similar new group called Midnight Cathedral. Here's a couple of websites featuring their music:

http://www.geocities.com/midnightcathedral/

http://www.midnightcathedral.com/
Has anyone bought this CD or listened to the clips?

Funny the 1st notes on the Haunted piano sounds just like the start of a MS song.
Trying to remember which one. ;)

From the clips I liked the haunted piano but not the Voodoo Call.
I'm trying to figure out does the band want to be Goth classical like MS or Techno?

What did you guys think?

14,919 Posts
Sinister said:
Here's another link to a band known as Nox Arcana. Anyone who knows anything about Midnight Syndicate knows that the man responsible for N.A. used to be in that particular band. The man's name is Joseph Vargo, and judging form the sound of Nox Arcana I would say that Vargo was a strong creative force behind Syndicate's first two Halloween soundtrack albums Born of the Night and Realm of Shadows. He did all the artwork for the albums surely, and it is all re-created at this site: http://www.noxarcana.com/

Great stuff here. Even if Vargo comes off sounding a bit arrogant. :jol:
How true and which leads to the cancellation of those 2 CD's that you mention.
That's right, no longer available!

Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.