Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Midnight Syndicate's Universal Horror "Monsters of Legend" CD coming July 19th

Hello,

We just announced the release date for our "Monsters of Legend" CD. Thought I'd share the press release and a preview of the artwork. This album will have some really good stuff for queue lines, parking lots, outdoor scenes, and any old-school horror indoor scenes you may have in the works!

6/20/13 (Cleveland, OH) - On July 19th, Midnight Syndicate will release it's sixteenth studio album, "Monsters of Legend." This "tribute to the golden age of horror" will feature sweeping symphonic horror instrumental music and sound effects in the signature style the band pioneered. "We want to make you feel like you are a character in one of those classic horror films - that you've entered a world where any one of the iconic ch...aracters from the Universal Horror Films and Hammer Films could be right around the corner," said composer Edward Douglas.

The CD artwork features original images from classic Universal Studios Entertainment horror movies including Bride of Frankenstein, Werewolf of London, and Dracula. "Listeners will hear the influence of the Universal Monster, Hammer, and Euro Horror films from the 30s through the 70s, not only in the music but in the images the songs conjure," added Gavin Goszka. Although the band promises the new disc will deliver the dark atmosphere haunted attractions, roleplaying gamers, and Halloween enthusiasts expect from them, they feel they've crafted a disc that transcends their favorite time of the year. "As we did on Carnival Arcane, we're always trying to take things up a notch both musically and with the sound design. There is a lot going on in this one. Plenty to pull you in, spark your imagination, and keep hold of you anytime you're looking to visit that mysterious place in your mind's eye."

The CD will be available for pre-order the first week in July. In addition to other new merchandise, Entity Productions Halloween Music will be releasing a special edition 12" vinyl version of the "Monsters of Legend" album, hand-numbered and limited to 250 copies.

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
We got the email this morning - so looking forward to this CD!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Will order the instant it becomes available. great talking to you at Midwest Haunters convention also.

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
A preview track from the CD has been posted on YouTube:

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
It sounds great and the video is a lot of fun to watch, particularly the shots of those Syndicate guys:)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Oh my gosh! this sounds AMAZING!!!! I cannot wait to get this cd. Everything you guys do turns into listening pleasure. So cool to see the old classic monsters, and the music goes right with them. Great job on this.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Thanx sooo much for sharing that track. It is awesome. I can't wait to get my paws on it when the CDs released.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
You know this seems to have a classical flair to it. From what I just heard on the clip, one could just sit at home and listen to it on their home stereo system it sounds that good! It really reminds me when I was young and sitting with my mom, (who got me started on Halloween) and watching these great (now) classic films. The music added so much dimention to those movies and even though mom is gone I still watch them today, and think about her and how much we both enjoyed our time together watching them! I think you have a BIG HIT on your hands!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just wanted to say thanks for the comments. TW, I think I know how you feel. These classic movies are what started it all for me too so there's a lot of memories that go to these images (especially the Universal ones).

Classic horror is at the core of what we do in Midnight Syndicate (both Gavin and I). It's weird because this disc will both be familiar and different. Focusing only on the classic Universal / Hammer films for inspiration has yielded a disc that has a very old-school horror and (as you mentioned) classical flaire. A lot of the movie scores back then were big, dramatic, classical, using organic instruments. That's what you can expect from this one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Starting pre-orders for "Monsters of Legend" album (CD and Vinyl versions)

Hello all,
Just wanted to share that we've begun taking pre-orders for the "Monsters of Legend" CD (both the CD and collector's edition 12" vinyl version) at the Midnight Syndicate store (www.midnightsyndicate.com/cds.htm).

We also have a new T-SHIRT DESIGN (I posted it above) in the T-SHIRT SECTION (www.midnightsyndicate.com/buyshirts.htm) along with some REPRINTS of our more popular t-shirts from over the years.

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
Just placed my pre-order for this CD!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Roxy - Let me the first one to say "thank you!" We really appreciate the support!

Pre-orders for the new "Monsters of Legend" album (both CD and COLLECTOR'S EDITION 12" VINYL VERSION) are now being taken at the Midnight Syndicate Store www.midnightsyndicate.com/cds.htm. We also have a NEW T-SHIRT DESIGN I've posted a picture of below. You can find that in the T-SHIRT SECTION of the store (www.midnightsyndicate.com/buyshirts.htm) along with REPRINTS of some of our OLDER POPULAR t-shirts. We should have more preview tracks coming this week!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts