Haunt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Hmmm... It would appear that some posts from yesterday disappeared. I didn't delete them, which leads me to believe that my web host may have been having a problem that caused them to revert back to slightly older database file thus erasing a few posts.

My sincerest apologies for whatever caused the mishap. :(

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
I can now confidently say that something happened. My past two updates to the web site are missing now too, and that's all just HTML stuff, so a backup of the website that's a day or two old was loaded at some point.

·
Registered
134 Posts
No problem! That's what I thought might have happen. No worries, it happens from time to time with server glitches that's understandable. :)

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
The strange thing here is, in all the years I've been with this host, I've never had to revert back to a backup for any reason. From time to time, a database error would occur, and a thread would be lost, but never before has my HTML files been effected. *shrugs*

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
I just got a reply from my hosting provider. They switched my site onto another server yesterday to avoid a lengthy downtime that my "old" server was going to be experiencing, and somehow, in the process a few posts and my last update were lost. It shouldn't be happening again, which is a relief because my other worry was that the site had been hacked by somebody. *phew*

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hee hee, good thing I haven't posted in a couple days, or my post count would have been decreased -- which would be a total setback on my way to one thousand! :D

....but.... ahem.... sorry to those who lost posts. :p :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts