Haunt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone! I am new to this site. I have not found my way around yet so i hope i posted this at the right place. anyways... i was looking at deer motors and i was wondering where i could go for really really cheap animated deer with the motors. (i don't want to buy them online) i was also looking for any project ideas you have to do with a deer motor. would a deer motor be able to support dr. kreepy's basic monster in a box? thanks in advance!
~SuperCreep31

·
Registered
134 Posts
Home depot had animated deer on sale for $12 two weeks ago. They might be on sale again on black friday. Big Lots also has them pretty cheap. I however am not sure about how much weight they will hold.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Mib

From what I have seen, MIB's make pretty sudden moves. Many are pnuematic. An animated deer motor is a gearmotor, and in general movement is slow. A wiper motor is likely a better choice. A wiper motor is also a gearmotor, but has a lower ratio and plenty of torque.

I should clarify. Lower ratio meaning a lower input to output variance. IE 1 : 5 as opposed to 1 :100

·
Registered
49 Posts
I used a couple of deer motors in my head poppers this and neither one lasted thru Halloween. Next year I'll try something more heavy duty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts