Haunt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
I bought 4 last week and am anxiously awaiting their arrival.

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On loop mode, is there a pause before it replays? If so, how long?

It's about a half-second, unfortunately. You can get around this by editing the file and adding silence to the beginning or end of the audio. Also, the player is always in loop mode - there is no option for single play.

·
Registered
687 Posts
What speakers do you guys hook these little mp3 players up to? I have a set of these Altec Lansing 120i PC speakers that work with my iPod Shuffle. So if these $5 mp3 players will show up on my Mac (I emailed and asked them if it will work I'll see if I get a response) I can copy an mp3 file from the Desktop then these speakers should work. They come with a mini plug that normally plugs into the back of the Mac but also fits the headphone jack of the iPod.

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can use any amplified speakers that have a 1/8" stereo jack. The signal from the player is weak, pretty much just enough to drive a set of earbud headphones so using passive speakers doesn't work. Looks to me like those Altec speakers will be good, but do consider where they'll be used. If outdoors, you may need more wattage. Another plus for these players - take one with you when looking at computer speakers at the thrift stores. Makes it easy to test the speakers.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
I ordered 4 of them and with shipping the came to about 7.50 each so add that to my 2 dollar computer speakers and i have multiple sounds for under 10 bucks an area...coool

1 - 9 of 9 Posts