Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Scared Silly
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Here's a new projection effect I just finished. It's a tombstone that ages and experiences a few ghostly shenanigans. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

If you'd like to make one yourself, I have more info, the video loop, and a how-to on my site here:http://chickenhaunt.blogspot.com/p/tombstone.html

EDIT 7/1/12:
Ta-da! A new Haunted Tombstone:

Plus, both Haunted Tombstones together, from one projector:

·
Director of Ambiance
1,816 Posts
There is just not a word cool enough to express how much I love that. Ew, except the bugs scare me to death, even WITH the how-to. LOL, and holy crap those sounds. ::shivers::

·
Registered
816 Posts
Bravo, that is one of the coolest things ever.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Please continue to post here when you are out of school and working in Hollywood.
That is brilliant!!!!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,208 Posts
That's just too cool. I'm going to have to try projections one of these days.

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
Holy crap! That is one astonishing and impressive series of effects.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That is a great idea. Well done.

I had wanted to make a couple tombstones for this year, but lack the time, motivation, and skills to do anything quality.

You just provided the solution. Thank you. Count me in for a download purchase.

:D

·
Pumpkin Hill Gravekeeper
1,536 Posts
So what type of projector do you suggest?

·
Scared Silly
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, as I show in the how to video, you can really use any projector at all. My nicer projector, however is 1,000 lumens, standard definition. Anything above that is a plus, and pretty much anything is. If you're buying used, just make sure it has a lot of hours left on the lamp, as those cost a few hundred dollars to replace.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts