Haunt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last year I scored some crows. A lot of crows. Hundreds of crows. This year I am doing a nod to Hitchcock's The Birds by lining my fence line, roofline, and anything else a bird may rest on with birds. I'm calling it the Murder House.

Anyway, since I have a lot of work to do this year I've just starting figuring out the logistics and put together my first line. I connected the birds wire feet to a metal rail in a line, as well as wrapped them in wire to be double sure the wind would not break them lose from the rails. Planning on connecting the rails to the top of my fence (flat top fence), and weighing them down around the edge of my roof (almost flat roof).

When I bought them the specs said they were polyester. But they came with real feathers so I'm worried about the longevity of them. I was planning on spraying them with tent waterproofer. Does anyone have experience with these feather birds outside? Whats the best way to make sure they get through a couple weeks outside?

Also roof lighting. I want to give the roof crows a mellow lighting at night so they're visible. I was thinking one of the outdoor led strips either in front or behind them... but if anyone has better suggestions I am all ears! This is my first time attempting something so... tedious. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Bird Beak Organism Grey Style

Bird Beak Grey Feather Wing

·
Super Moderator
64,483 Posts
We’ve had feathered crows as part of our display for years, and they surprisingly have held up pretty well. They do occasionally lose some feathers, so we hit up the bald spots with black spray paint and they’re good to go. Of course, we have them up along the roof line, so the patch repair is not visible, either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We’ve had feathered crows as part of our display for years, and they surprisingly have held up pretty well. They do occasionally lose some feathers, so we hit up the bald spots with black spray paint and they’re good to go. Of course, we have them up along the roof line, so the patch repair is not visible, either.
Thats great news. I was going to put them out a bit later than usual because I was worried about them getting ruined, but maybe I dont have to baby them as much as I thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts