Haunt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what music people play when they are working on these wonderful creations? When I brew beer I listen to old school rock (Zepplin, Floyd, Hendrix) and then some occasional Buffet and George Thoroughgood.

When working on Halloween stuff I tend to be a little more 90's Seattle scene rock.

What do you listen to?

(Zombie F, if this is too off-topic for this area, I apologize).

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
No worry, this seems like the right place for it. It's a "grey area topic" so it could go either here or in the Halloween forum. :D

I play a lot of Type O Negative, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Misfits, Calabrese and of course, Midnight Syndicate.

Oh yeah, and Danzig.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Zombie-F said:
No worry, this seems like the right place for it. It's a "grey area topic" so it could go either here or in the Halloween forum. :D

I play a lot of Type O Negative, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Misfits, Calabrese and of course, Midnight Syndicate.

Oh yeah, and Danzig.
There is actually a thread about this already in Off-Topic..

If this belongs here, and I agree it does, it means the Moderator for Off-Topic (Zombie..hehe) would have to merge that thread with this one..
http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=2125&highlight=music

·
Registered
333 Posts
When I build my props I usually listen to some type of rock, rap drives me crazy. If I had to choose a type of rock though its punk like - Anti-Flag, The Vandals, Pennywise, NOFX....etc, btw this is a great topic!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I work in my garage, where there's a lot of sawdust. Incidentally, the cd player on my radio died, so I have to listen to the radio. The local station of choice for me then plays rock from the 80's, like VH, Journey, Aerosmith. There's nothing like corpsifying a blucky to ACDC's Hell's Bells.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't listen to any music because the only time I get to build is when my kids are asleep. I'm usually in deep thought and wouldn't here the music anyway. I like rock, heavy metal, depends on my mood. I do like Pink Floyd, however I'm not sure I would build props to it.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I listen to Midnight Syndicate when working on some stuff, a CD of assorted Halloween sounds and music I made for other projects and then, when cleaning up the mess or rearranging the work shop, it would have to be Let's Groove by Earth Wind and Fire. I know, I know, not very Halloweeny but a great song to move and dance to...it gives me energy to get the cleaning up done that I need. Besides, I'm OLD and have never heard of most of the groups mentioned here! :D

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
When I want to actually get something done fast it's: Disturbed, Queen of the Damned soundtrack, Rob Zombie. Just really depends on my mood and what I'm doing. :devil: :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
Since I throw a Halloween party every year and usually burn a custom soundtrack for the party, I tend to get the music for that done as early as possible and listen to the CD I burn it on while I'm finishing things up. It always has lots of Rob Zombie on it, but I like to keep a fairly wide variety of musical styles on it. I end up with everything from instrumental tracks from the Silent Hill games to the Ramones to the Munster's theme to Marilyn Manson. Anything that's got a good spooky vibe to it that I think people will like.

...And if I manage to get to work on Halloween a little early, it's last year's party soundtrack that's in the player.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts