Haunt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure where to post this so feel free to move this thread if it doesn't belong here! That said, the following news hit me like a truck...

Once again, we are persecuted. Many artists have joined an anti-Halloween movement cause they wanna 'bring an end to the horrible and inhumane tradition known as Halloween'. Damn, some people are funny. If those idiots think they can stop Halloween, they're totally wrong. People have been celebrating All Hallow's Eve for hundreds of years and it's not going to stop anytime soon. I think my little yard haunt might take another twist this year...

And speaking of those artists, guess who's the all time worst hypocrite? ELVIRA!!! According to the following link, she has joined the anti-Halloween movement!

Musicians Against Halloween: Indie Cynicism at Its Best

And now here's the link where you can listen to this barf-inducing song:

www.vice-recordings.com/halloween

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
It appears to be satire

From the site:

A CELEBRATION OF HALLOWEEN

Halloween is a fun holiday, and as such, this song is meant to be fun. As a satire, it is a comment on the current climate of fear and western-centric benefit songs. Of course we don't really want to end Halloween: we're celebrating Halloween in all its spoooooky splendor. Think of it as both a trick…and a treat, for your ears!
http://www.vice-recordings.com/halloween/press.php

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ScareFX: I clicked on the link you posted and it also says: 'AN ALL STAR CAST SAYING “ENOUGH!” TO HALLOWEEN' and 'This anti-Halloween call-to-arms also stars a grab-bag of legends such as...'

Also, I checked on the internet and I've read some other articles and people say it really is an anti-Halloween movement. :confused:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The press release says

A BENEFIT FOR UNICEF

All proceeds are donated to UNICEF. This project is also intended to raise awareness of UNICEF's annual tradition of Trick-or-Treat For Halloween, wherein Kids Help Kids by going door-to-door collecting funds in boxes.
It's a satirical fund raiser.

Contact Info:

MEDIA CONTACT: Kathryn Frazier, BIZ3 homepage: www.biz3.net

[email protected] ………………773-645-1035 office………… 773-793-6132 cell

·
Registered
209 Posts
OK, here is the list of "artists"
The Arcade Fire’s Win & Regine
Beck
Buck 65
David Cross
Devendra Banhart
Elvira
Feist
Gino Washington
Les Savy Fav’s Syd Butler
Islands’ J’aime
Malcolm McLaren
Nardwuar the Human Serviette
Peaches
The Postal Service’s Jimmy Tamborello
Rilo Kiley’s Jenny & Blake
Roky Erickson
Sloan’s Chris Murphy
Smoosh’s Aysa & Chloe
Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore
Spark’s Russell Mael
Subtitle
Sum 41’s Stevo
Tagaq
They Were Molecules’ Liane Balaban
Wolf Parade’s Dan & Spencer
Yeah Yeah Yeah’s Karen O

I've heard of Beck, thats it, the rest of these guys can be found at your local coffee house playing for free Espesso and $10.

A buch of nobodys, who cares.

·
Registered
249 Posts
not really a bunch of nobodies

sum 41 are big
peaches is big
arcade fire are big
beck is big
yeah yeah yeahs are big
rilo kiley are big
sonic youth are big

i think theyd be playing for more than 10 bucks too ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh, **** those bands. I've never heard of most of those bands. The ones that I heard of, I don't listen to anyway. I'm a metal and punk guy, so, this doesn't affect me in any way. Are some or most of those bands emo? It wouldn't surprise me at all. Don't they have something better to do like cry over a girl that dumped them or something. :D

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Ok everyone... it's a JOKE. It's being done as a satire. Read the entire post here and the entire article in the link given above to see that it's just a joke poking fun at another similar musical collaboration.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts