Haunt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks...the slideshow is just a feature of Photobucket, and really helped make my pix look better than they turned out:( The mummy is a guy I've had around for a while, and is just an airblow skeleton wrapped in strips of an old vinyl showercurtain, then melted with a propane torch ( don't try this without LOTS of fresh air or a respirator!) I,ve always liked the look of him too....

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
Verry cool! How large is your display and how many years have you been doing it?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been haunting for about 10 years or so, but this is the first time we have done anything quite so ambitious....it was 2400 square feet fully enclosed in a downtown parking lot with wood skid walls and lots of plastic...turned out ok, but learned alot of lessons the hard way ( making sure the guy in charge of getting the permitsactually DOES get the permits, for one thing:googly: ) The way it was 'supposed to work' was the build was supposed to be done, then I would come in and deck it out with props, etc.....I spent way too much time building walls and don't think the haunt reached its full potential....but then there's always gonna be ideas left on the bench or sketch book, right? Well, anyway, 2007 should be better organized.......

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Very nice Dave...
alot of cool props..nice ideas
especially loved this pic

do you have a how to?
or what is is made out of ..ect

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Lilly. This guy is your basic MM prop. I have him plumbed for fog, but never got around to hooking it up. sorry, but I dodn't have any how-to's to speak of...just my pics for now.
If anyone has advice on where I should go to start putting some how-to's together (web page? html? blog? etc) please let me know....pretty new to the online stuff here!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The lot was donated by a partner in the haunt....not only that, but as an owner of the Hotel it is attached to, he already had special events insurance! He shared in some of the work, and got to come out and play during operation hours, and all he had to do was give up his parking lot for 2 1/2 months.....what a deal!
Hopefully 2007 will be better organized and I can spend some time taking better pix and possible video....really upset that i didn't get it better documented.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts