Haunt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For everyone that has seen HeresJohnny’s black light ghosts, this is my tribute to them. This thing has only been in my head like 6 years!

Since I can’t post a video, the movement is as follows. The head moves side to side but has a seconds timer incorporated (shout out to my awesome husband!) so it runs a set number of seconds and then stops a different amount of time and is not a continuous movement. Because it’s a reindeer motor and randomly reverses when it starts again the movement is pretty unpredictable. Hurray! The arms/hands do not move because Johnny is a genius and I am not ha ha! I did design the crystal ball all by myself though 🙂 (shout out to my daughter’s cat that isn’t aware I stole some of his crinkly iridescent toys to use inside it).

Ok, here she is. May I present, Callisto.
Wedding dress Bride Dress Bridal clothing Bridal veil

Purple Plant Flash photography Dress Entertainment

·
Registered
317 Posts
For everyone that has seen HeresJohnny’s black light ghosts, this is my tribute to them. This thing has only been in my head like 6 years!

Since I can’t post a video, the movement is as follows. The head moves side to side but has a seconds timer incorporated (shout out to my awesome husband!) so it runs a set number of seconds and then stops a different amount of time and is not a continuous movement. Because it’s a reindeer motor and randomly reverses when it starts again the movement is pretty unpredictable. Hurray! The arms/hands do not move because Johnny is a genius and I am not ha ha! I did design the crystal ball all by myself though 🙂 (shout out to my daughter’s cat that isn’t aware I stole some of his crinkly iridescent toys to use inside it).

View attachment 22632
View attachment 22633
Excellent! I have a few static blacklight ghosts I got from Grandin Road, but I love that yours turns her head. Impressive! Video is really a necessity. 😁 Do you have, or did you use an instructional video that you can share? I'd love to see the mechanical build for yet another future project. The head turning makes me want to build one for one of my front windows. 😎

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments. Corey you crack me up. 😂

I tried to upload a video to YouTube Haddonfield Slasher. Since I have an account it should be easy. Hmmm… Assume we have an operator error situation here because to save my life I can’t find the blasted option to add one. Ugh. I don’t think there is a way to add a video without using YouTube or Vimeo or something?

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Daphne amazing job!! I love Callisto!!! Really beautiful! I love the Owl!! (I love Owls and I love details). I don't know why HJ hasn't posted in a long while but I do know he would be highly flattered and highly impressed!!!

I also have to say I agree with The Haddonfield Slasher: I would love
to see you post an instructional video if you can find the time.

Again, really beautiful ! You just did such an amazing job!!!! 🎃🎃🎃🎃

How much did the toters love her? lol ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts

View attachment 22632
View attachment 22633
Wow!! That is not only spooky but elegant and gorgeous. Major respect to you (and your husband land cat)! I love this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts