Haunt Forum banner

My first New 2007 Prop

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  AzKittie74 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm in the midst of testing out my 1st new prop this year. (I'm way behind Melty!)

I linked a utoob video below.

It is a very simple idea using about 4 dollars of PVC, some fishing line and a wiper motor - It can be used for a million things, and it can be used to make several props move at the same time. It may have been done before, if it has let me know, it would make life easier for me.

In the video here I used it to make a blucky dance (a very noisy blucky) - notice at the end of the video the blucky arm falls off :eek:

I actually plan on using it to animate a whole row of props, to MM's "This is Halloween" but will not have video of that until after HalloWeen.

:zombie:

#5 ·
I have never seen it done that way b-4! Great idea!
I did chuckle when the poor skellie lost his arm in the end!
Those guys will sacrifice anything for our props won't they?!

#6 ·
While the FCG set up is fine. I built this in about 15 minutes and if you don't include the motor it cost about 5 dollars. I have slowed the motor to a nice speed unlike in the video
. I thought of the idea of it last night and couldn't wait to build it this morning. I can add on as many moving props as I want just by adding on PVC peices and fishing line (about 1 dollar per moving part). I will be putting it behind a fence and will have about 10 moving props in a row all on one motor.

I will use something better than Duct Tape to hold the motor!

#12 ·
I am considering making my first moving prop and this looks pretty cool! but it is winding right? so does the fishing line just keep rolling up til it is all gone? this might sound dumb but I will never know if I don't ask, right? haha
Or is it loose and not winding up?

#13 ·
It is loose not winding up, the first time I didn't tie the knot tight enough (to keep it loose) and it became like a slip knot and wrapped around like you said, it was gruesome for the prop.

Disclaimer: The prop that it was gruesome for was not a blucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.