Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have posted this to inform you all that I wont be on for a pretty good while after today. My grandfather on my dads side has passed away. I saw him for the last time in a local hospital. He had emphysema for a number of years, from smoking all of his life, and he had some sort of cancer and they had to remove half of his stomach. He was 72, and it happened yesterday around 3:30. I would have posted yesterday but it was too hard to do anything on the computer or talk to anyone about it. I feel a little better today but I still cant accept it. I mean for anyone on here that has went through a loss of a relative or even a parent, I know how you feel because thats how I feel now. He was almost like a dad to me, when I was younger I used to go out to the garage with him and eat Oreos and all and watch him piddle around with cars. I can tell you one thing, the saying that you dont know what you got until its gone, or you dont know how close you are to someone until they are gone is true. I came back home after I saw him for the last time, and a few hours later he passed on. My dad went out to get a newspaper and some snuff for my grandpa, ( he could still dip but not smoke I think, ) and when he came back my grandpa was lying there dead. It's been a hard 2 days for everyone here, and Im sure the funeral in a few days will be worse. I have to go for now, and il try to keep everyone updated on how im doing. Sorry for such a long post but I have to turn to someone or some place to share my feelings.
Thanks everyone for taking your time to read this. I appreciate it very much.
Dallas ( writer93 )

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Hi Dallas. I'm very sorry to hear of your families loss. Be thankful for all of the good memories you have, and try not to be overwhelmed by grief. It's the last thing he would have wanted. Try not to be gone for too long. Be there for your family, but remember to keep yourself busy and stay involved with life. Your family here is always around to talk and listen. Ken

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot man, I appreciate it. I'll try to get on as much as possible but it will be a good while before I get on again and post more. Thanks again Jeff.
Dallas

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you too Ken, and I know what you mean. Im trying not to mourn much but its hard to do when it actually happens to you. Thanks you guys, I appreciate it alot.
Dallas

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that. My grandfathers died when I was quite young, but my maternal grandmother passed when I was 21 and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think of her. This will be a rough time for you and your family - Take care

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your grandfather. Do want you gotta do but please don't stay away too long. You and your family will be in my prayers.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, writer. The death of a loved one is never one of the better things in life. Take your time and come back when you are ready, we will still be here.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. We're all here for you. I know what you're going through. Take your time with things, don't be ashamed to cry if you have to, it helps. Will be thinking of you my fellow Michael fan.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Im sorry to hear of your loss.I lost my grandfather several years ago.Its a tough ordeal.You and your family will be in my prayers.Take care

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Dallas, I know of what you are feeling. It is a tough loss especially with so many fond memories while growing up. Quite often the loss is even more difficult than we really prepared for even though sometimes we know that the time is limited. When you are ready, make a point to talk to family members or loved ones about the loss since it is much harder on you to keep the sense of loss bottled up. It doesnt sound as though you are likley to do that, but keep in mind that it is important to talk with loved ones about the very real sense of loss you are experiencing. Our thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks you guys. The funeral is in 2 days so the day of the funeral and probably a couple days afterwards I wont be on. We're going to North Carolina with other family. Thanks everyone for the support. It is a tough time, I hope to see him again one day. Im off for now, but thanks for all the support and ill be back soon! I appreciate it everyone, its good to know your not alone in something like this.
Thanks again
Dallas

1 - 20 of 33 Posts