Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
That's exactly what I was wondering. I found a link to a free program on the web that will enlarge a typical picture for something like this. Let me go & see if I can find it.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
**dancing in a circle**
WhooHoo, it worked!
This is a site I have been using to enlarge tomstone templates to cut them out!

·
Registered
191 Posts
SWEET! You must share how you did that. The reason I plead so, is that I have Adobe Photo shop and except for trimming photos I take and adjusting highlights I do not know how to do anything with it.
Your ghost is fantastic! Nice job.

·
Registered
396 Posts
nicely done. I'm also curious - how big is it and what is it printed on? what type of printer did you use...a simple desktop type printer or a large format printer?

where in your cemetery will it go...like against a wall or free floating somehow?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW...alot of responses...well I'm a graphic designer, so I used Photoshop to create the "ghost", I made her blurry so that when she is lit with the black light she "looks" misty or vapor like...as for how I printed it...we have several HUGE inkjet printers that can print graphics out at 60"x100'...so my ghost is one sheet...you CAN print it out on multiple 8.5x11 sheets of paper, when you tell your image to print, and the print dialogue comes up, go to "properties" and somewhere on there (you need to look around, its different for different printers), tell it "poster print" or "print on multiple sheets"...my ghost will be free floating...tape a wooden dowel or broom handle near the bottom and run a cable or string or whatever along the top to hang it. If anyone wants my graphic, or some other ones I can send you the file. She is 30" wide by 60" tall.

·
Registered
396 Posts
is it on regular paper or a clear (transparency-type) material...like positives? I'm a graphic designer too and I work for a screen printing company and we have large format printers and we use a clear material when printing artwork separations (or positives) for the screen printers. I've reversed some images to get the same effect as those store-bought window screens that make it look like a mummy or Freddy is standing in your window. And they work really well because the actual image I want to be seen is clear with all the negative space printed in black. So I'm wondering if this might work for a ghost as well - but would I need to "mount" the transparency to something for stability?!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hawks,
No, I did not print it on acetate, merely #32 Bond paper. I used regular bond because the white will glow under Blacklight. I don't think acetate would work since it has no white in it unless you can acquire white inks for your inkjets. As far as mounting, I'm not having mine mounted since i want it to sway a bit in the wind to add to that "ethereal" look to it.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
pretty cool ghost ...great idea

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah that was kind of my thought too. So did you print this with white paper and just using black to fill in the negative space and the ghost, herself was printed in a grayscale so as to limit the amount of black on her for allowing the white of the paper to show through?

I'm curious because this would be a simple solution to an area of my yard that isn't clearly seen but needs some kind of presence there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Any chance of getting a copy of the original art work? I can open it any about any format (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc) so whatever would be easiest for you would be fine with me. That's assuming you don't mind sharing your artistic talents :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.