Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi guys! This isn't really a how-to because I followed a tutorial myself. Hope this is the right place to post this in any cae.

So I recently bought the Bruce D. Mitchell mask tutorial from the Stan Winston School. http://goo.gl/MUCNI

It was a great lesson, and I highly recommend it to people who want to take mask-making to the next level. I have done a number of latex masks in the past but really loved these techniques.

Here are the videos of my progress in a playlist.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXY3kYmFFmKlEoUH5iVpKZWb1YfLuX8PH

·
Slowly Losing My Mind
2,820 Posts
Wow Brad!
That is beautiful. The straps are unexpected yet perfect.
Very cool...you should be proud!

·
Super Moderator
64,110 Posts
Holy cow, that GORGEOUS! The detail, textures, paint job, all stunning.

·
Clean "cut"
27,007 Posts
That is totally Bodacious!! The detail is beyond awesome!

·
H.B.I.C.
9,101 Posts
Oh my God Brad, that is absolutely gorgeous! I love the straps and antlers. Are the antlers real or did you sculpt them too? I like the shape of the nose too. What is the beard made of? Leather laces/strips? Is this functional as a mask or for decoration only? Very nice job!

Edit - I keep scrolling back to the pics and keep saying "wow!"

·
Registered
306 Posts
Wow, that is one cool looking mask! How comfortable is it to wear? It gives the impression of being quite a solid mask, is it actually lightweight? I really like how you made the beard part. Awesome work as always!:D

·
Super Moderator
64,110 Posts
^Hey! I categorically deny ever saying such a thing about someone else's really outstanding props:D

I had to come look at this again for the 50th time today. It's really beautiful.

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol: Wow! Brad that is one amazing work of art! (no other word can describe it except ART) The detail is amazing...it looks carved from wood....I am completely in awe.....:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh my God Brad, that is absolutely gorgeous! I love the straps and antlers. Are the antlers real or did you sculpt them too? I like the shape of the nose too. What is the beard made of? Leather laces/strips? Is this functional as a mask or for decoration only? Very nice job!

Edit - I keep scrolling back to the pics and keep saying "wow!"
Thanks! The antlers were resin replicas I bought off e-bay. Right on about the beard, the last video in the playlist describes them more. It's a functional, and fairly comfortable mask. Cheers!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, that is one cool looking mask! How comfortable is it to wear? It gives the impression of being quite a solid mask, is it actually lightweight? I really like how you made the beard part. Awesome work as always!:D
I wouldn't call it lightweight, but certainly bearable. It's very rigid, yes. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts