Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the NJ/PA make and Take did an early morning visit to a local Flea Market. There I picked up a cheap plastic tool box for all the stuff I bring that we would be working on. I got it for $2. Can't go wrong. When I got home I thought I could decorate it with stickers or spray paint stencils....Why stop there. I saw a picture posted from the Transworld Show. it was Gore Galores Bone Barrel Toppers. I will be making them to add to my haunt but I thought I could do the same with the Tool box.

And so...

·
Super Moderator
64,251 Posts
I'll bet someone's going to want to "borrow" that at the next Make and Take:D

·
Muddled Moderator
28,257 Posts
That won't be confused as someone elses toolbox. :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys! Your are right the possibilities are endless. I plan to do the same to a double sink I have in the basement, some mop pails and currently working on some barrels. Just need to get the right color red. Not happy with the coloring. It would be great if I had an airbrush.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Noah,
I am happy our company's products serve as inspiration. It just shows how good of a job we did developing the idea.
But what I like the most is the creative idea you came up with regarding the tool box.
But anyone using Great Stuff Foam,or any other urethane foam, let me advise you on its use. Great Stuff foam and other urethane foams are extremely dangerous to breathe. Make sure you are using it in a well ventilated area. The problem is it doesn't smell terrible. The isocyanates react with the other chemicals in the can and the air, and this puts off a vapor that can cause lung and liver failure over an extended period of time. It has a commulative effect. It builds up over time.
I recommend wearing an organic vapor respirator when using this stuff, but not everyone has one so please atleast use in a well ventilated area.

Please just be careful with this stuff. It is Great Stuff but it is something to be aware of.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WOW! Thanks Kevin(?)

I did not know that...I'm pretty good about wearing a mask when I'm dremeling foam or burning foam. I did do this in my living room which is being renovated but next time I'll do it outside.

I showed my wife and daughter a picture of your Bone Barrel Toppers. I told them that is what I want for a Halloween present. They can start saving now. Love ALL your stuff. You are a great inspiration!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Noah,
Keep an eye on the site.
We are adding a new Cattle Bone Barrel Topper very soon.
All the barrel toppers have become a good seller for us.
They are just so easy for haunts to use. Just toss them on a barrel and DONE!

take care and just be more careful with that stuff.
What keeps it in the back of my mind, is that Lance Pope of Verdun Manor, a couple years before his death, almost died of lung failure due to long term inhalation of Urethane fumes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts