Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Zombie and I are in sync, 'cause I've been working on my site redesign too!

I built the homepage in Flash,(my first attempt and it aint easy!) and I need your guys' help. I need you to click on the link and let me know if it downloads OK, and if you have any problems "seeing" the flash intro. Also, I am having problems with the project link buttons, as I have imbedded a sound that is supposed to play on rollover, but plays when the mouse cursor is removed off the link instead. Anyone with Flash experience that could help me would be appreciated.

Also, any design suggestions, or comments and feedback would be appreciated. So far, only the first link actually takes you to a how-to page, (which will be redesigned too, but not in Flash), so I already know the other links aren't up yet. I am just putting this out as a test.

http://www.robbybuilder.com/noisesintheattictest.html

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
When I click your link, I see no flash. I'm instead met with a black page with the word "News/Blog" on the left side of the screen, and the word "Links" on the right.

I have zero experience with flash.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Umm, well... the choice in borders is cool. keep at it, I'm sure you will hammer it out. I'm a complete moron when it comes to web design, so I can't offer up anything of value. (just snickers, jeers and lots of pointing.) A sledge hammer though, might not fix the problem, but it will ease the frustration. :D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I get a Newsblog with border, and links with border and a blank white screen in the middle. (Is that what you wanted - me to verify your status?)

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HibLaGrande said:
Umm, well... the choice in borders is cool. keep at it, I'm sure you will hammer it out. I'm a complete moron when it comes to web design, so I can't offer up anything of value. (just snickers, jeers and lots of pointing.) A sledge hammer though, might not fix the problem, but it will ease the frustration. :D
Ha! I used the sledgehammer idea..Now my computer is in many tiny pieces. Is this what it is supposed to look like?(hehe)..My site has improved greatly from it. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I don't see the flash movie anymore. Now, all I see is a white box where the flash movie should be.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Not just yet. A square banner is among the things I'm working on for the new site. How big (in pixels) would you like it to be?

Thanks for the link, by the way. :D

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zombie-F said:
Not just yet. A square banner is among the things I'm working on for the new site. How big (in pixels) would you like it to be?

Thanks for the link, by the way. :D
Something on the order of 160x160 pxl..Close enough to fit in the links column.

You're welcome, Zombie, and thanks Mollins!

·
Registered
797 Posts
I got the whole News/Blog thing to the left, Links to the right, white box in the middle thing at first, and it didn't look like it was going to do anything else. I had time to roll my mouse over different parts of the page, and my status bar said the page was done loading, so I was about to close out when the middle animation slid down from the top and the Flash video started. :) Bit of a delay, but it worked for me! But I can't find any of the links you mentioned on the page to check the mouseover sounds.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think it requires flash player 8 to work properly..I'm still fiddling with the settings..Thanks to all for helping me with this, as Flash funtions differently on different computers, it's impossible to tell how it works without input from others, so thanks once again. Also, if you are using a 56K dial up modem, Flash takes longer to load..(along with anything else). I'll try to trim down the size, probably reduce the intro title to one fade in/out instead of three.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Excellent work Doc!
I wish I had the talent it takes to do that kind of stuff. I loved the flash! I can't wait to see it completed. I DO hope you'll keep us updated on the progress.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts