Haunt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to make a different kind of tombstone for this year's display. It goes with the back story of how Captain John T. Stoeber ran his ship aground. This is supposed to be a memorial constructed by the town's people to honor him.

It is all made from scraps of styrofoam sheets, craft foam and some old wooden trim. Still have some more details to add but here is where I am as of today.

The bottom base section is going to be stone, the thing on the top is supposed to be a half wooden barrel and the top is a cross.

·
In Remembrance
7,546 Posts
Looking good so far. How did you do the stone work on the foam. Kinda looks like dremel work maybe?

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking good so far. How did you do the stone work on the foam. Kinda looks like dremel work maybe?
Actually, it is a hot knife for the mortar lines and then a heat gun with some water for the stone texture. :)

·
Super Moderator
64,335 Posts
If the good Captain has a barrel on his memorial, he must have loved his rum:)

That texturing on "stone" is really good.

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the good Captain has a barrel on his memorial, he must have loved his rum:)

That texturing on "stone" is really good.
Aye ... ya can't be a good Capt'n without it! :D

Thanks for the kind words Roxy ... the texturing was easy, all you need is a little water and a heat gun! But, make sure you do this outside ... toxic fumes! :sick: :xbones:

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,232 Posts
This thing is awesome. I don't even have a pirate theme and I want that in my graveyard

·
Registered
810 Posts
Awesome! I can't wait to see it finished.

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Painting 'Stone'

This weekend is my push to finish some loose ends (get finished some props I've already started) so I painted the tombstone's 'stone' look so far.

Flash on for these 2 pics.

Flash off for closeups.

Going to be working on painting the 'bronze metal' plaque and maybe a little weathering and it's done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts