Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, quick question...this is my first year haunting- well, displaying- and I just realized I have no name for my Haunt.

What are some other people's names for their haunts?

One is called Unpleasant Street, right? Any others?

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just took a look at it, and although the three lists are helpful, nothing rang a bell with me yet...thanks though.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
And Pandora, you already named your Haunt. Pandora's box. I love that. It is scary, funny, and sexy all in one swoop.

And Sickie Ickie, how about A Horde of Sickie Ickies.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Mines boreing - plain old Montgomery Manor

I havnt exactly used it for my haunt - used it for my annual Halloween party. This year, since Im expanding it into a haunted walk, I will make a sign with this on it to make it consistant. I like the ring of it myself....but its still kinda boreing

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
I don't have a real name for my haunt either. When ordering products where they ask for my haunt's name I just use 'Haunt's Belfry' but I don't think I'd really use it as a name otherwise.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The name probably isn't as important as the display itself, but I think there's a variety of ways to arrive at one. Perhaps there's something meaningful to you that you can take inspiration from? Or if the haunt has a theme, perhaps a name can emerge from that? For instance, if you have a central character, it could be that character's manor, grave, cemetery, chateau, whatever. Anything centered around common themes, such as ghosts, bats, witches, ghouls, etc will work.

Everything I do gets the "NecroBones" label (which in itself is pieced together from things in my past). All of my old business transactions were done under the name "NecroBones Enterprises", so that stuck when I started ordering from Anatomical Chart Co, etc.

Ultimately the choice is yours of course. :)

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
We're "Terror On Beechwood". Named for the street we're on. I'd hesitate to name my haunt after a theme. Themes come and go.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
lol Trish - thats funny! I agree with Vlad though, if you want to do this for years to come, you will have to change it up and perhaps your fave prop this year might stay in the attic 5 - 6 years from now... But I would also hesitate to use my street name, perhaps I may move... So hopefully my marriage stays together and I keep my haunt name.... :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah, naming it after a theme that might change, or after your location, might be limiting. But then again, you can rename later. It's hard to though, if you start to build a reputation.

So perhaps a name that fits your style but doesn't box you in might be good. It happens to us all though.

Here are some names that are already in use, but I think are cool... might give you some inspiration:

Makaabe Manor

Raven Manor

Uncle Binley's Dungeon

And of course, you should already know about Unpleasant Street if you're here. I think that's a cool one, it's creative, sets the tone, and doesn't limit the appropriate content.

And for pumpkinrot.com, it looks to me like PumpkinRot was the name of his first scarecrow, and the name stuck. Lots of ways to get a name together.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts