Haunt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 sprinkler valves, and one pnematic valve that all run off 24v. I plan on making a small control box with push buttons to control my props. So far I will only have 3 props running off this control box, but next year I plan on adding some more buttons for manual fog. What kind of power supply can I use to run the 3 valves? I thought about a computer PS but found out that they are only 12, 5 and 3 volts. What is 24 that I could use? Also, what kind of switches can I use with 24V? I was hoping for just a normal push button (momentary) to run them. Any ideas?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the pnematic is DC. Isn't sprinkler valves AC?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe I can just use the power supply I use for my hot wire foam cutter. It has a spot for AC and DC adn 2 plugs in the middle (not sure what for). It ranges from 0-36 volts and 5 amps. If I have a 3 amp switch, will it ruin it or jsut as long as the device doesn't draw that much amps will it be ok?

·
Registered
136 Posts
When I made an air cannon with a sprinkler valve I just picked up a 24v sprinkler valve PS at Lowes right next to where the valves were and I think it was $14. I had used a cheapo doorbell switch as a manual trigger so I would think that you can use most any momentary switch that is rated for at least 24v or more.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a 24vac 450mah wall wort I bought by mistake from AllElectronics but had cut the connector plug off of it so I couldn't return it that I could send you for the cost of postage. I know I'm not going to need an ac model anytime soon and if I did AE is 15 mins away!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts