Haunt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a flaming skull, http://www.garageofevilnetwork.com/profiles/blogs/flaming-skull-build-in, for a FCG. I need to get the plastic skull to fluoresce under black light, it looks like flat white latex paint doesn't any ideas. I thought of spraying with a bluing agent but on the plastic I figure it would just flake off I need a permanent solution your help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
888 Posts
Any glow in the dark paint will fluoresce under a blacklight, usually a yellowish green color. Most craft stores and even WalMart carry some form of glow in the dark paint. Just make sure you seal the paint job if the prop is going outdoors. Also, make sure you paint the prop in the dark with the blacklight on so that you can make sure you are getting an even coverage.

You can also order and use Wildfire UV paint. This would most certainly give you what you want. It can get a bit pricey though.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Wildfire transparent white glows white under blacklights and is insanely bright. A tiny bit goes a long way too. Under normal lights it's clear in case you wanted to keep the paint job you have, or do a fancy one for normal lights.

Here is an instance where I used it:

This is the white over the normal brown and black paint job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts