Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Sure! It can be found on http://www.shallowvalley.com. It's under "Projects" and then it's mixed in their 2003 projects titled "Buried Alive."

Theirs doesn't have the light inside it. That's something I added myself by just mounting a floodlight fixture inside it and using a green floodlight in it.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Hellrazor said:
Zombie, are you sure hes not talking about your coffin?
My coffin is their coffin. I built mine from their directions and just added a light inside of it. That's why I didn't do a how-to for it. I won't do a how-to for a prop that I didn't come up with myself or add something signifigant to.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
PeeWeePinson said:
Thanks Zombie! I am going to give this a try but I really liked the way you added the green florescent light.
It's not a fluorescent light. It's a floodlight, like you'd see mounted on the side of your garage to illuminate your driveway. I just use a green flood bulb instead of the standard white ones.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Hey thanks for the idea. I had just found those plans and never thought of adding a light to it...COOL

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
PeeWeePinson said:
I have to have a light that would not be battery operated, what do I need to get?
A stake in ground floodlight holder that you can get at your local hardware store or Lowe's/Homedepot is good. That's what I used for mine.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Sickie Ickie said:
I just use reflective domed clip on lights. Cheap and effective...
I would say those are not really safe for outdoor use. If you're going to have the coffin out in the rain, you should really get something rated to be used outdoors.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I agree with Zombie, you should have an outdoor standard light, you have little peeps wandering around and dont want them to become part of your props .. do you?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Zombie, did you have any problems with heat generated by the spotlight?
It doesn't seem like you would have enough air/space to keep the light from getting too hot in the inclosed space.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I didn't run into any problems from heat, but it also gets pretty chilly at night in October where I am, so I'm sure that helps keep heat from building up.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
If you are concerned about the build up of heat in an enclosed space, maybe you should look into LEDS.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I attempted LEDs last year, and to get adequate light in there it'd take quite a few LEDs to get there. I tried a spotlight with 4 LEDs and it was just so weak. You could see the light out of the cross, but not through the cracks because the light from the LEDs is so focused, whereas the light bulb is pretty broad.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts