Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built my frame follwing instructions I found on HauntProject.com but there was know real measurments and I think this might be my problem maby it is to big....I used a rotissery motor and the arm from it and made a washer set-p on he en but it just dosen't work and I don't know how long my cords should be or even if I have it tied off right??? any help will be great with this because I'm stuck and don't know what to do....:confused:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Try this how-to from deathlord.net. It has dimensions for the frame.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to build it from wood, and my problem is it dosen move right and the motor won't always do a full rotation and when it dose the ghost moves all wired and its just not right...

·
Banned
4,493 Posts
Maybe post some pics of your set up ,then we might see something you have been missing.:)

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
is the crank arm hitting something as it turns? This could make your rtisserie motor reverse. are the strings getting caught in the washer pivot?

yeah...more info would be nice

......just take a deep breath, count to 10, and let us know what's going on.....
we're here for ya, man! :)

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I also did the Phantasmechanics rig and it worked fine.....I've been thinking about this and have another question...how heavy is your ghost? If it's too heavy for the motoer that could give you problems too....as for the dimensions of the mount, you can really play around with that to get different effects, and it also can change depending on how you made your ghost.....post up some pix if you can....

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I'm still stuck so I took some pics I hope someone can see my problem....
here's my bolt set-up...

I will post a feww more pics on another post hope this helps

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here's a few more pics...

also these are my measurments
:for the Tee-5 feet long 42 inches for th top of Tee
:and the rotissery shaft is 27inches long and 3 inches at the bend...

·
Registered
329 Posts
looks like your washer is to loose and it's moving all around, could cause some problem with the rotation? The length of the cord is always an issue for me also. Just need to keep trying different lengths until you get it the way you like it. Also found out it works alot better if you get the pulleys and not use eye bolts to run the cord through. i tried the easy cheap way for a while too but the pulleys are the way to go, made the movement of the ghost more fluid.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Your eye bolts are lined up in a straight line..Like they are all on a single plane. They shouldn't be. The eyebolts for the arms need to be away from the one that moves the head. The should be out in front more too. I use eyebolts and they work fine. Play with the position of them in relation to your ghost puppet. Your shaft is WAY too long too. Cut it by two thirds and see what happens.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DR Morbius do U have any pics of your set up I cut down the saft to 12inches now where should I place my eye hooks and should I cut down the length of my Tee...and thankz guyz I don't know what I would do with out great fourms like this....

·
Registered
511 Posts
Instead of using a washer, use a patio door roller. This is what I used. They're available at Home Depot and they use ball bearings. This should allow the motor to turn more freely.

·
Registered
215 Posts
just try moving your center eyebolt for the head back and shorten your crank arm. it only needs to be about 8 or 10 inches long

1 - 20 of 30 Posts