Haunt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I downloaded the Octobanger program and have never had an issue with it until now. When I create a scene with a scare only it will not trigger the scare. I have to put a silent track in the ambient and use the ambient/scare option. I found a post on here that said there was a timing error that caused the issues with the scare and the newer 1.2 soundboards. The user said he had a firmware fix but hasn't been active since 2001. I've looked at the code and can kinda understand it but really have no idea where to look to fix the bug. Any help is appreciated. For some spec info, I am using Ardunio Nanos and the Catalex v1.0 soundboards with 4 or 8-channel relay boards.

Here is the post about the firmware fix

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Do you have the latest firmware / updated apps? Looks like there is a paragraph dealing with this on the web page, so might be able to get updates or more detailed info from them.

Update 5-30-2021 I have had messages from a couple of folks who had trouble with new audio modules (like the Catalex, but not Catalex). These are marked with v1.2, use a different chip than the original yx5300, and do not say Catalex on them. The problem seemed to be that they did not kick off the scare audio track. I played around with the arduino code and added a band-aid that seems to work with both old and new modules. In my testing, I also noticed that the newer modules do not sound as good as the older modules. I would suggest finding a “real” Catalex module- there is a link to their store in the help menu of the app.
Beyond that (and I don't know too much about the octobanger!) but if you just want scares with no sound, would it be possible to remove or disable the sound module? If so, that might be something to consider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts