Haunt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a seven foot pin coffin my husband built--way too real!!!
We're putting on a Halloween party. What do you think about padding the inside of the coffin for people to actually get in for a photo op?

I could do the usual by adding a corpse myself but I thought since there will be about a hundred plus people at this party, many might get a kick out of this.
What do you think??

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
If the coffin is sturdy enough, it sounds like a great idea! You plan on using your digital or a poleroid? I don't think people would think offhand to bring cameras to a party?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
People love photos of themselves. That will give them something to remember what a great time they had at your party.

Post the pics on a website or give out picture cds after the event.

It will be a BIG hit.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
That would be a great idea EQ..
some people might not cuz they freak out but overall I bet most will.
yeah pics on a DVD type cd so they can watch it on tv.
or This might take some time to do > take each pic and change them into that brownish color of old days.
This idea of yours would work perfect for my tombstone event this yr. But I dont have time so I will just have them lay in front of thier tombstone they bring, and I am puting them in guest book i made then they can sign them and comment.
Great Idea

·
Registered
310 Posts
That is a great idea and one of which I have. My first coffin that i made in 99 or 2000 was heavy as heck...ok didnt know really how to build one so i just did what I could and its way heavy...

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket the folks love getting inside there. Now some years Ive just had a skelly

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket but yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They would love having a pic op . Lots of folks will come out with there cameras when taking there kids totting. They love having photo ops.

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone!
Love the photos!
I'll post my coffin soon.
It is very heavy and very sturdy. I love the idea of standing it up. 'Will be much easier for people to get in and out because there will be drinking.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes..its true

I reeeeeally want to 'marry" wormyt now...more than I did on her Birthday...did you see her house?? Damn why cant the women in my life have her taste??

Im diying over here....

Melty

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heatwave.....

We just got over a monster heat wave w/ no AC. To cheer me, I started to comb the web for ideas for Halloween. I have seen the best stuff on this site.
I am in awe of their work.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I reeeeeally want to 'marry" wormyt now...more than I did on her Birthday...did you see her house?? Damn why cant the women in my life have her taste??

Im diying over here....

Melty
Now remember I went through a divorce this past Dec. So I have the house or Im getting enough money from him for three years LOL so Im gonna do the best i can in the next two years. Then if I can make enough money after all his divorce monies run out, for me to be able to refinance this home then i will keep it. So who knows....after two more years i may have to sell all my stuff and move to an APT LOL. But next year my daughter graguates then the following year my son graduates then Im on my own as far as money YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna enjoy the house while i can...I need to find me a prop making Halloween lovin man closer to me here LOL.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts

Im diying over here....

Melty
get in line with the rest of us:D

The girls just finished building coffins from pallets for their display and nothing was funnier than watching them try to move them around the driveway. 2 preteen girls trying to work as a team. now thats comedy.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Darn right photo op would be awsome but I would stand it up on an angle with a wedge support. We always have so much trouble climbing out of coffins when we are drunk.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Fight!!!

Me and Slightlymad fighing over wormyT. Im 6'4, athletic, 240lbs strikingly handsome (in my mind)...Real Estate agent, and I LOVE to.....haunt....could we have an internet hookup here on Hauntforum?? FORGET MATCH.COM!!! COME TO HAUNTFORUM!!

Do I fit the bill?

PICK ME PICK ME!!!LOL

:smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

·
Panic time is here!
3,756 Posts
There has already been one hauntforum wedding. LOL!

I think the photo op coffin is a great idea.

My parents are photographers and are hired to take photos of guests at all kinds of parties. If you know somebody who is a photographer (good amateur even) then they could be available to take photos so you don't have to worry about who is going to do that while you are taking care of guests.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.